Service Specific Terms & Conditions (“SSTC”) - MAXIS ZEROLUTION CONTRACT for Devices
Version [8 July 2020]
- The Plan: "Maxis Zerolution Monthly Plan" (hereinafter referred to as the "Maxis Zerolution Plan"). The Plan cannot be exchanged for cash.
- The Plan is not valid with any other offers and/or incentives, which have or may have been offered by Maxis or Hotlink under any other offers from time to time.
- You: Person(s) signing up for the Maxis Zerolution Plan. You shall be responsible for payment of all charges associated with the Plan and the principal line registered under you.
- The use of the Service(s) is subject to the postpaid General Terms & Conditions ("GTC"), Summary Terms and Conditions ("STC"), this Service Specific Terms & Conditions ("SSTC"), Maxis Fair Usage Policy and any other applicable terms and conditions, all www.maxis.com.my/terms- conditions/personal/general/maxis-fair-usage-policy and www.maxis.com.my/terms-conditions/personal/.
- Capitalised terms herein have the same meaning as defined in the GTC.
- Any conflict or inconsistency between this SSTC, the STC and the GTC shall be construed in the following order of precedence: (a) SSTC; (b) GTC; and (c) STC.
- We reserve the rights without liability, to revise this SSTC, Plan and our pricing. Where reasonably practicable, we will give you reasonable advance notice of such changes and all previous versions of our user guides or leaflets will be superseded. You accept you are responsible for regularly reviewing information on the Plan and Service(s) at https://www.maxis.com.my/terms-conditions/,including changes to the GTC and other applicable terms and conditions. Your continued use of the Service(s) and/or Plan (after the Effective Date of any revision/change to the terms and conditions of Services and/or Plan) shall constitute unconditional acceptance by you of such revisions/changes and you shall be bound by the same. If you do not accept such revisions/changes, you will terminate the Plan and/or the use of the Services by giving us notice within 28 days from the Effective Date failing which you are assumed to have accepted the changes.
- A principal line must be registered in your name and be an active account under an individual postpaid rate plan offered by us.
- You are ineligible for this Plan if you have any outstanding payments with us.
- This Plan is inapplicable to you if you are a commercial user and/or bulk subscriber.
Maxis Zerolution Plan and Commitment Period
- By accepting this Plan, you will enjoy one (1) device ("Device") at the price as offered by us, which is exclusive of all applicable taxes ("Maxis Zerolution Fee"). For clarity, subject to your eligibility and credit check result, you may purchase and sign up more than one Device under Maxis Zerolution Plan on each Maxis Postpaid principal line.
- The minimum commitment period of this Plan is twenty-three (23) months from the date of acceptance of these terms and conditions ("Commitment Period"). Where you are currently on different phone/device plan and you are entitled under that plan to upgrade or switch to this Plan, where applicable, your previous phone/device offer contract is deemed terminated as at the date of execution of this Plan subject to you first paying any device remaining balance charges payable under the said previous contract.
- You shall not, during the Commitment Period, also during the Extended Period (hereinafter defined):
- terminate your Maxis Zerolution Plan;
- terminate your Maxis Postpaid/Hotlink Postpaid account or port out to another mobile service provider;
- have your Maxis Postpaid/ Hotlink Postpaid / Maxis Fibre account terminated for non-payment of monthly bills;
- downgrade your postpaid rate plan to the rate plan below your entry rate plan to Maxis Zerolution Plan. If you do downgrade to a lower rate plan, you will incur a Device remaining balance charge as stipulated in this SSTC;
- change your rate plan to a rate plan that is not eligible under the Maxis Zerolution Plan. Eligible rate plans are variants:
- Hotlink Postpaid 60, Maxis Postpaid Share 48, Maxis Postpaid 98, 128, 158, and 188;
- Tablet: Maxis Postpaid 18 Tablet and Maxis Postpaid 28 Tablet;
- Watch: Maxis Postpaid 18 Watch; or
- change or transfer ownership of this Plan and Service(s);
- You acknowledge, if any of the events in clause 13 above occurs, you shall pay us the Device remaining balance charge as stipulated in clause 15 below. Payment of the Device remaining balance charge is without prejudice to the collection of all monies owing to us by you in accordance with your account up to the time of early termination. You will receive a final statement of account which will be due and payable by you to us immediately upon receipt. All outstanding amounts due and owing to us shall be subject to all applicable taxes.
- You agree we have the right to impose the Device remaining balance charge, which you shall be responsible to pay if you decide to terminate before the expiry of the Commitment Period. The Device remaining balance charge is calculated as follows: [(Recommended Retail Price (RRP) ÷ 24 months) x Remaining month(s) of Commitment Period].
- In addition to clause 15, in the event of early termination of this Plan before the expiry of the Commitment Period, you shall be further liable to pay us a non-return fee for the Device to be determined by us based on the Device model and its residual value or as stated in the Registration Form. Upon payment of the Device non-return fee by you to us, the Device shall be regarded as belonging to you.
- If your Maxis Postpaid/ Hotlink Postpaid account is suspended during the Commitment Period due to any reason whatsoever, the Maxis Zerolution Fee will continue to be charged to you.
- We reserve the right to charge you device advance payment subject to your eligibility. If we collect device advance payment from you, such amount will be refunded to you by way of rebate on your monthly bill over a 12-month period. This Plan must be in active status for you to be able to receive the said refund of device advance payment from us.
- For customer who subscribed to 2x phone bundle promo, the relevant 2x phone bundle SSTC can be found at https://www.maxis.com.my/terms-conditions/personal/contest-campaigns/2x-phone-bundle-promo/.
- You agree we have the rights to block the IMEI of the Device if:
- you are suspected of fraud or found to have committed fraud;
- after signing up to this Plan, you fail to make full payment of any amount due within 14 days of the statement due date;
- you have reported to us that the Device is missing or has been stolen and have requested us to block the IMEI of the Device.
- You are responsible for any loss, theft or damage to the Device at all times and shall continue to pay the Maxis Zerolution Fee for the Commitment Period and Extended Period, if applicable, notwithstanding that the Device is lost or damaged.
- You accept and acknowledge you have the obligation to observe and fulfill the terms and conditions of this Plan, including the Commitment Period, Device, payment and charges for the Plan and Accessory (if any), any Device remaining balance charge under the Plan, these terms and conditions and the postpaid General Terms and Conditions.
- You accept and acknowledge that the Device title and ownership does not belong to you during the Commitment Period. The Device is provided under this Plan to you and you are accountable for the use and safety of the Device. Nothing in this SSTC shall be construed as transferring the title or ownership of the Device to you unless otherwise expressly stated. You shall not directly or indirectly give or allow another person to give any interest in or lien over the Device. You shall promptly, at your own costs and expenses, take all such actions as may be necessary to duly discharge or eliminate any such liens over the Device upon obtaining actual knowledge thereof.
Returning the Device
- The Device is to be returned to us in good working order upon the expiry of the Commitment Period.
- In the event that the Device is not return to us upon the expiry of Commitment Period, this Plan shall continue to be valid and effective for another one (1) month (“Extended Period”) wherein the Maxis Zerolution Fee shall continue to be payable to us. This Plan shall be terminated on the expiry of the Extended Period.
- Within the Extended Period:
- if you wish to terminate the Plan and you return the Device to us in good working order, this Plan shall be terminated and you shall not be liable to any Device non-return fee.
- if you wish to terminate the Plan or when the Plan is terminated but you failed to return the Device to us on the termination of the Plan, a Device non-return fee (as stated in the Registration Form) will be charged as compensation. Upon payment of the Device non-return fee by you to us, the Device shall be regarded as belonging to you.
- For the avoidance of doubt, notwithstanding anything to the contrary, we are not obliged to accept the Device should you seek to return the Device after the Extended Period.
- In any event if the Device is returned to us but the same is not in good working condition,
- we shall be entitled to charge you for any cost of repair to make good the Device and you shall pay the same unless the cost of repair is partially or fully covered under the Maxis Safe Device (MSD) plan subscribed by you. Any portion of the cost not covered under the Maxis Safe Device (MSD) plan shall be borne by you; and/or
- notwithstanding sub-paragraph (a), we may, at our sole discretion, decide not to accept the return of the Device irrespective of whether you have a Maxis Safe Device (MSD) plan and irrespective of whether you wish to pay for the cost of repair, where we determine that the condition of the Device is not acceptable to us. In such instance, you will be charged the Device non-return fee as stated in the Registration Form. Upon payment of the Device non-return fee by you to us, the Device shall be regarded as belonging to you.
- The payment of the Device non-return fee (if any) by you is without prejudice to any other charges and fees due to us including charges under the Maxis Postpaid plan or Hotlink Postpaid plan and Device remaining balance charges. It shall be your obligation to return the Device in accordance with the terms and conditions stated herein.
- If you have subscribed to Maxis Postpaid 98 and above, you have the option to purchase accessories such as handphone cases, screen protectors, power bank, charging adaptors, USB cable, add-on speakers, headphones, stands, selfie sticks, car kits, replacement batteries, smart watch and other products or items related to the Device (“Accessory”) at the price as offered by us, which is exclusive of all applicable taxes.
- Accessory may be subject to a contract term commences from the date of purchase and continues for one (1) year (“Term of Accessory”).
- If Term of Accessory is applicable, you will be billed for the Accessory purchase price in equal monthly installments under Maxis Zerolution Plan.
- You agree we have the right to impose the Accessory remaining balance charge, which you shall be responsible to pay if you decide to terminate before the expiry of the Term of Accessory. The Accessory remaining balance charge is calculated as follows: [(Recommended Retail Price (RRP) ÷ 12 months] x Remaining month(s)].
- Accessory is not applicable to you who subscribe to Hotlink Postpaid plan.
- We will not be responsible to replace the Device or any part thereof that is lost, stolen, damaged or defective (regardless such defect is a manufacturer defect or due to the reason of installation of unauthorized app). You shall be responsible for the repair and maintenance of your Device. Repairs shall be subject to the applicable warranty issued by the manufacturer.
- A minimum 3-month waiting period is applicable to you for this Offer if you are:
- a new customer of Maxis/ Hotlink; or
- an existing customer of Maxis/ Hotlink eligible to take up more than 1 device contract under the same Malaysian identity card number or passport number, each device contract must be 3 months apart.