Service Specific Terms & Conditions (“SSTC”) - MAXIS ZEROLUTION CONTRACT for Devices
Version [16 Apr 2020]
- The Plan: "Maxis Zerolution Monthly Plan" (hereinafter referred to as the "Maxis Zerolution Plan"). The Plan cannot be exchanged for cash.
- The Plan is not valid with any other offers and/or incentives, which have or may have been offered by Maxis under any other offers from time to time.
- You: Person(s) signing up for the Maxis Zerolution Plan. You shall be responsible for payment of all charges associated with the Plan and the principal line registered under you.
- The use of the Service(s) is subject to the postpaid General Terms & Conditions ("GTC"), Summary Terms and Conditions ("STC"), this Service Specific Terms & Conditions ("SSTC"), Maxis Fair Usage Policy and any other applicable terms and conditions, all www.maxis.com.my/terms- conditions/personal/general/maxis-fair-usage-policy and www.maxis.com.my/terms-conditions/personal/.
- Capitalised terms herein have the same meaning as defined in the GTC.
- Any conflict or inconsistency between this SSTC, the STC and the GTC shall be construed in the following order of precedence: (a) SSTC; (b) GTC; and (c) STC.
- We reserve the rights without liability, to revise this SSTC, Plan and our pricing. Where reasonably practicable, we will give you reasonable advance notice of such changes and all previous versions of our user guides or leaflets will be superseded. You accept you are responsible for regularly reviewing information on the Plan and Service(s) at https://www.maxis.com.my/terms-conditions/,including changes to the GTC and other applicable terms and conditions. Your continued use of the Service(s) and/or Plan (after the Effective Date of any revision/change to the terms and conditions of Services and/or Plan) shall constitute unconditional acceptance by you of such revisions/changes and you shall be bound by the same. If you do not accept such revisions/changes, you will terminate the Plan and/or the use of the Services by giving us notice within 28 days from the Effective Date failing which you are assumed to have accepted the changes.
- The Commitment Period of the Plan is twenty four (24) months from the date of acceptance of these terms and conditions ("Date of Execution"). If applicable, with the acceptance of this Plan, your previous phone/device offer contract is deemed terminated as at the Date of Execution and you shall be subject to any device remaining balance charge of the previous contract.
- A principal line must be registered in your name and be an active account under an individual postpaid rate plan offered by us.
- You are ineligible for this Plan if you have any outstanding payments with us.
- This Plan is inapplicable to you if you are a commercial user and/or bulk subscriber.
Maxis Zerolution Plan
- By accepting this Plan: you will enjoy 1 device ("Device") at the price as offered by us, which is exclusive of all applicable taxes ("Maxis Zerolution Fee").
- You shall not, during the Commitment Period:
- terminate your Maxis Zerolution Plan;
- terminate or suspend have your Maxis mobile/ fibre broadband account terminated for non-payment of monthly bills;
- downgrade below your entry Maxis Zerolution Plan. If you do downgrade to a lower Maxis Zerolution Plan, you will incur a Device remaining balance charge as stipulated in this SSTC;
- change your rate plan to a rate plan that is not eligible under the Maxis Zerolution Plan. Eligible rate plans are variants of MaxisONE Plan 98, 128, 158, 188, Maxis Postpaid 18 Tablet, Maxis Postpaid 28 Tablet and Maxis Postpaid 18 Watch; or
- change or transfer ownership of this Plan and Service(s);
- You acknowledge, if any of the events in clause 13 above occurs, you shall pay us the Device remaining balance charge as stipulated in clause 16 below. Payment of the Device remaining balance charge is without prejudice to the collection of all monies owing to us by you in accordance with your account up to the time of early termination. You will receive a final statement of account which will be due and payable by you to us immediately upon receipt. All outstanding amounts due and owing to us shall be subject to all applicable taxes.
- If you suspend your Maxis mobile/fibre broadband account during the Commitment Period, the Maxis Zerolution Fee will continue to be charged to you.
- You agree we have the right to impose the Device remaining balance charge, which you shall be responsible to pay if you decide to terminate before the expiry of the Commitment Period. The Device remaining balance charge is calculated as follows: [(Recommended Retail Price (RRP) ÷ 24 months] x Remaining month(s)].
- For customer who subscribed to 2x phone bundle promo, the relevant SSTC can be found at https://www.maxis.com.my/terms-conditions/personal/contest-campaigns/2x-phone-bundle-promo/.
- You agree we have the rights to block the IMEI of the Device if:
- you are suspected of fraud or found to have committed fraud;
- after signing up to this Plan, you fail to make full payment of any amount due within 14 days of the statement due date;
- you have reported to us that the Device is missing or has been stolen and have requested us to block the IMEI of the Device.
- You accept and acknowledge you have the obligation to observe and fulfill the terms and conditions of this Plan, including the Commitment Period, Device, payment and charges for the Plan and Accessory, any remaining balance charge under the Plan, these terms and conditions and the postpaid General Terms and Conditions.
- You have the option to purchase accessories such as handphone cases, screen protectors, power bank, charging adaptors, USB cable, add-on speakers, headphones, stands, selfie sticks, car kits, replacement batteries, smart watch and other products or items related to the Device (“Accessory”) under Maxis Zerolution Plan, at the price as offered by us, which is exclusive of all applicable taxes.
- Accessory may be subject to a contract term commences from the date of purchase and continues for one (1) year (“Term of Accessory”).
- If Term of Accessory is applicable, you will be billed for the Accessory purchase price in equal monthly installments under Maxis Zerolution Plan.
- You agree we have the right to impose the Accessory remaining balance charge, which you shall be responsible to pay if you decide to terminate before the expiry of the Term of Accessory. The Accessory remaining balance charge is calculated as follows: [(Recommended Retail Price (RRP) ÷ 12 months] x Remaining month(s)].
- We will not be responsible to replace the Device or any part thereof that is lost, stolen, damaged or defective (regardless such defect is a manufacturer defect or due to the reason of installation of unauthorized app). You shall be responsible for the repair and maintenance of your Device. Repairs shall be subject to the applicable warranty issued by the manufacturer.
- If you terminate this Offer before expiry of the Commitment Period, you will have to pay the remaining Device balance charge including all applicable taxes on such amount.
- A minimum 3-month waiting period is applicable to you for this Offer if you are:
- a new customer of Maxis; or
- an existing customer of Maxis eligible to take up more than 1 device contract under the same Malaysian identity card number or passport number, each device contract must be 3 months apart.