*All terms in BOLD are defined at the Definition section located at the end of this document.
- Access and use
- Your Use of the Services
- You are solely responsible for all acts or omissions that occur when using the Services. You equally agree to be bound by Maxis’ Fair Usage Policy (found at www.maxis.com.my/FUP). You are solely responsible for the content which you post or transmit through the Online Services and you acknowledge that Maxis are only the conduit for posting, distribution and transmission of data. You agree that:
- all Content, products or services transmitted or made available via the Services, are the sole responsibility of the person from which such Content, products or services originated;
- you are solely responsible for all Content, products or services you transmit or make available via the Services or on any website;
- by using the Services, you may be exposed to third party Content, products or services that may be defamatory, offensive, indecent, objectionable or illegal;
- you will not use the Services to publish defamatory, infringing, obscene or other unlawful material and post or transmit unlawful, harassing, libellous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene, privacy invading, sexual/racially offensive or otherwise objectionable material of any kind or nature;
- you will not use the Services to interfere with, damage, disrupt or unlawfully use or gain access to any service, equipment or computer network without due authorisation;
- you will not use the Services in a manner that results in distribution of viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other similar harmful or damaging programming routines which are designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunication equipment;
- you will not use the Services to transmit junk mail, spam, chain letters or unsolicited mass distribution of email, or for any commercial purposes.
- you will not use the Services to impersonate any other person or to create a false identity.
- you will not develop restricted password-only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page).
- you will notify Maxis immediately of any unauthorised use or any other breach of security.
- You will not engage in any activity, whether lawful or unlawful, which we solely determine, to be harmful to our customers, operations, reputation, good will or customers relation.
- You will not disrupt or undermine the security of the various networks and systems that are connected to the Services, or violate the regulations, policies, or procedures of such networks or systems. This may include any failure to update software use on your account or website that is known to be vulnerable to malicious activity or exploitation.
- to make or attempt any illegal or unauthorised access to any part or component of the Services, the network or any third party equipment, accounts, systems or networks to which you can connect through the Services directly or otherwise; or to carry out or attempt any activity that might be used as a precursor to an attempted system penetration (i.e. port, stealth, security or penetration scans or other information gathering activity) on Maxis’ or its service providers’ servers or network;
- You will not use the Services for any fraudulent, illegal or improper purposes or activities or to violate anybody's rights or in any way which may affect other users' enjoyment of or access to the Services or cause annoyance, harassment, irritation, inconvenience or anxiety to anyone, including advertising, facilitating, soliciting or otherwise engaging in ponzi schemes, pyramid schemes, denial of service attacks, pinging and mailbombing, fraudulently charging credit cards or pirating software;
- The Services involves access to, use of and exchange of information over the internet and you acknowledge that such access to, use of and exchange of information may not be secure. Maxis will not be liable to you if you suffer loss or damage as a result of the information not being secure.
- You will comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations and any instructions, notices, directions, requirements or restrictions which we may impose on the use of the Services;
- You are required to provide accurate and complete information to us and inform us immediately of any changes in any particulars or information given to us, including but not limited to any changes in address and/or contact particulars;
- You hereby agree that Maxis merely facilitates the Services for you to send multimedia messages and does not expressly or impliedly endorse, authorise or sponsor the messages sent by you. You hereby release Maxis from any liability, disputes, claims, demands and/or damages of any kind arising from or in any way connected to the use of the Services.
- Content(s) means certain information including but not limited to text, sounds, music, software, photographs, videos, data, graphics, images, logos, button icons, audio clips, messages, links, listings or other materials placed on the Services.
- Maxis refers to Maxis Mobile Services Sdn Bhd (Co. No.:198101007199 (73315-V)) and/or Maxis Broadband Sdn Bhd (Co. No.:199201002549 (234053-D)), company incorporated in Malaysia under the Companies Act, 1965 having its registered address at Level 21, Menara Maxis, Kuala Lumpur City Centre, off Jalan Ampang, 50088 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and/or its Related Corporations, as may be applicable, and includes their successors, assigns, employees and agents.
- Online Services means any functions, features, access to and use of the internet, internet information and/or other services, various service and communication channels and facilities through the internet, or communication facilities or services made available by Maxis from time to time subscribed or to be subscribed by you in connection with the Online Services, through the Services, which includes but is not limited to, online transactions, messaging services, single sign on, online transactions, search engines, automated services, e-commerce facilitators, chat, discussion groups and/or e-mails; and any products and/or services offered by Maxis. The list of Online Services may be updated and amended by Maxis from time to time, in respect of which you shall be bound to this Term of Use for access to and usage of the new Online Services.
- Related Corporations means the related corporations as defined under the Companies Act, 1965.
- Services includes Maxis’ Website and/or Online Services.
- Website means the Maxis Online Store website (www.store.maxis.com.my), Maxis’ website (www.maxis.com.my) and/or Hotlink website (www.hotlink.com.my) and such other Maxis’ website, which is subject to change from time to time.
- You and Your refers to the person or entity accessing and using the Services.