Service Specific Terms & Conditions ("SSTC") - Home Zerolution (previously known as TV Zerolution)
Version [18 November 2021]
- The Plan(s): Home Zerolution (previously known as TV Zerolution)
- You: Person(s) signing up for the Home Zerolution.
- The use of the Plan(s) and Service(s) is subject to the General Terms & Conditions (“GTC”), Service Specific Terms & Conditions (“SSTC”), Maxis Fair Usage Policy and any other applicable terms and conditions, all at www.maxis.com.my/terms-conditions/personal.
- Capitalised terms herein have the same meaning as defined in the GTC.
- Any conflict or inconsistency between this SSTC, the GTC and Summary Terms and Conditions (“STC”), shall be construed in the following order of precedence: (a) SSTC; (b) GTC; and (c) STC.
- Further, depending on your service(s) and/or plan(s) subscription, this SSTC is subject to:-
- SSTC - Maxis Fibre at https://www.maxis.com.my/terms-conditions/personal/broadband/maxis-fibre/;
- SSTC – Maxis Unlimited Postpaid and Fibre at https://www.maxis.com.my/terms-conditions/personal/family/maxis-unlimited-postpaid-fibre/;
- SSTC - Maxis Home 4G WiFi at https://www.maxis.com.my/en/terms-conditions/personal/broadband/maxis-home-4g-wifi/ and
- SSTC – Maxis Unlimited Postpaid and Home 4G WiFi at https://www.maxis.com.my/terms-conditions/personal/family/maxis-unlimited-postpaid-home-4g-wifi/
- For clarity, any conflict or inconsistency between this SSTC and any of the SSTC stated in Clause 6, this SSTC shall take precedence.
- We reserve the rights without liability, to revise this SSTC, Plan(s) and our pricing. Where reasonably practicable, we will give you reasonable advance notice of such changes and all previous versions of our user guides or leaflets will be superseded. You accept you are responsible for regularly reviewing information on the Plan(s) and Service(s) at https://www.maxis.com.my/terms-conditions/personal/, including changes to the Agreement. Your continued use of the Service(s) and/or Plan(s) (after the Effective Date of any revision/change to the terms and conditions of Services and/or Plan(s)) shall constitute unconditional acceptance by you of such revisions/changes and you shall be bound by the same. If you do not accept such revisions/changes, you will terminate the Plan(s) and/or the use of the Services by giving us notice within 28 days from the Effective Date failing which you are assumed to have accepted the changes.
- To be eligible for Home Zerolution, you must either be:-
- an existing Maxis Unlimited Postpaid and Fibre subscriber; or
- an existing Maxis Fibre subscriber; or
- an existing Maxis Unlimited Postpaid and Home 4G WiFi subscriber; or
- an existing Maxis Home 4G WiFi subscriber.
- Eligible subscriber can purchase or sign up to a maximum of one (1) home device ("Home Device") per NRIC. The list of applicable Home Device is available at https://www.maxis.com.my/en/devices/zerolution/. For the avoidance of doubt, the TV Device signed up under the previous TV Zerolution Plan shall form part of the Home Device under this SSTC.
- Your eligibility is further subject to your compliance of our registration requirement and credit check policy.
- You are ineligible for this Plan(s) if you are existing subscriber for Apple TV promotion at RM1/month.
- You are ineligible for this Plan(s) if you owe us any payments.
- This Plan(s) is inapplicable to you if you are a foreigner, commercial user and/or bulk subscriber.
- Notwithstanding the above, Maxis reserves the right to change the eligibility criteria for the Plan from time to time.
- By accepting this Plan(s), you will enjoy the Home Device at promotion price per month as offered by us, which is exclusive of all applicable taxes ("Home Zerolution Fee"). Please visit https://www.maxis.com.my/en/devices/zerolution/ for the applicable Home Zerolution Fee and more details.
- For Maxis Fibre subscriber or Maxis Unlimited Postpaid and Fibre subscriber only, your monthly Home Zerolution Fee will remain unchanged when you upgrade your Maxis Fibre rate plan during the Commitment Period.
- We will start charging Home Zerolution Fee from the first day of the Commitment Period.
- Maxis shall not be responsible for any warranty claim for the Home Device. For Apple Home Device, please walk in to your nearest Apple Authorized Service Centre for assistance. For all other Home Devices, please contact the manufacturer or their authorised repairer (MTT Solutions Sdn. Bhd. Customer Service Hotline: 012-969 6305) directly if the manufacturer’s warranty period for the Home Device has not expired.
- Further we will not be responsible to replace the Home Device or any part thereof that is lost, stolen, damaged or defective (regardless such defect is a manufacturer defect or due to the reason of installation of the Home Device). You shall be responsible for the repair and maintenance of your Home Device at all times except where the repairs are still subject to the applicable warranty issued by the manufacturer.
Home Zerolution Commitment Period
- The commitment period of this Plan is subject to either: -
- a minimum period of twenty three (23) months; or
- a minimum period of thirty five (35) months,
- You shall not, during the Commitment Period or Extended Period (as the case may be):
- terminate any of your existing Fibre account/ Home 4G WiFi account as stated in Clause 9 above; or
- terminate or suspend your account or port out to another Internet service provider; or
- have your account terminated for non-payment of monthly bills; or
- change or transfer ownership of your account and/or this Plan(s) to any person; or
- downgrade your Maxis Fibre rate plan to the rate plan below your entry rate plan for (i) Maxis Unlimited Postpaid and Fibre; or (ii) Maxis Fibre; or
- relocate your existing fibre service to a different address; or
- request to transfer this Plan(s)/ SSTC from Fibre account to Home 4G WiFi account or vice versa.
- You acknowledge, if any of the event above occurs, this Plan(s) will be terminated, and you shall pay us the Home Device remaining balance charge as follows:
Device remaining balance: (Total Early Termination Fee/23) x Remaining Months + Non-Return Charge
**Total Early Termination Fee = Total RRP Rate – 1 month of instalment
- In addition to Clause 22, in the event of early termination of this Plan(s) before the expiry of the Commitment Period, you shall be further liable to pay us a non-return fee for the Home Device to be determined by us based on the Home Device model and its residual value or as stated in the Registration Form. Upon payment of the Home Device non-return fee by you to us, the Home Device shall be regarded as belonging to you.
- Payment of the device remaining balance charge is without prejudice to collection of all monies owing to us by you in accordance with your account up to the time of early termination. You will be responsible for all outstanding amounts which will be due and payable by you to us immediately on the date of your billing cycle. All outstanding amounts due and owing to us shall be subject to applicable taxes. If you suspend your Service during the commitment period, the device monthly installment fee will continue to be charged to you.
- You accept and acknowledge that the Home Device title and ownership does not belong to you during the Commitment Period. You are accountable for the use and safety of the Home Device. Nothing in this SSTC shall be construed as transferring the title or ownership of the Home Device to you unless otherwise expressly stated. You shall not directly or indirectly give or allow another person to give any interest in or lien over the Home Device. You shall promptly, at your own costs and expenses, take all such actions as may be necessary to duly discharge or eliminate any such liens over the Home Device upon obtaining actual knowledge thereof.
Returning the Device
- The Home Device is to be returned to us in good working order upon the expiry of the Commitment Period.
- In the event that the Home Device is not return to us upon the expiry of Commitment Period, this Plan(s) shall continue to be valid and effective for another one (1) month (“Extended Period”) wherein the Home Zerolution Fee shall continue to be payable to us. This Plan shall be terminated on the expiry of the Extended Period.
- Within the Extended Period:
- if you wish to terminate the Plan(s) and you return the Home Device to us in good working order, this Plan(s) shall be terminated and you shall not be liable to any Home Device non-return fee.
- if you wish to terminate the Plan(s) or when the Plan(s) is terminated but you failed to return the Home Device to us on the termination of the Plan, a Home Device non-return fee (as stated in the Registration Form) will be charged as compensation. Upon payment of the Home Device non-return fee by you to us, the Home Device shall be regarded as belonging to you.
- For the avoidance of doubt, notwithstanding anything to the contrary, we are not obliged to accept the Home Device should you seek to return the Home Device after the Extended Period.
Delivery of Home Devices
- The Home Device will be delivered to your doorstep for free, unless otherwise stated by us to you. You acknowledge that the Home Device may not be available for immediate delivery. You will receive a call from our delivery partner within 3 business days from the commencement of your Commitment Period under this Plan(s) for delivery appointment. Delivery slots are subject to availability. You will need to present your original NRIC used during sign-up to our delivery partner or passed the identity verification check conducted by our delivery party upon delivery.
- Maxis cannot and will not accept responsibility for delivery failures or delays by our third party delivery partner or reschedule of delivery appointment by you.
- Subject to our GTC, the account holder of the Service(s) under the Plan may at any time terminate the Plan as follows:
- by calling our customer care line at 1-800-82-1123 or dial 123 from your mobile;
- by walking into our Maxis Centre listed on www.maxis.com.my; or
- by writing in to email@example.com.
Things we may do to the Service(s)
- We reserve the rights at any time, without being liable to you or any third party, to interrupt, bar, suspend, restrict the Service(s) for such time as we see fit or terminate, discontinue or disconnect the Service(s) if your usage:
- shows excessive usage or placing unusual burdens on our Network;
- is for unlawful activities or for suspected fraudulent activities;
- is not in accordance with the Maxis Fair Usage Policy;
- is for commercial/non-personal purposes; or
- is in contravention of any of the clause in this SSTC.