Service Specific Terms & Conditions (“SSTC”) - Maxis Device Contract – 2x Phone Bundle Promo
Version [9 January 2020]
- The Offer: Sign up with a MaxisONE Plan 128/158/188 on Zerolution and a new MaxisONE Share 48 Plan and get device at one monthly fee.
- You: Person(s) signing up for the Offer.
- Promo Availability: 28th Nov 2019 to 31st Jan 2020 or “while stocks last” basis, whichever is earlier.
- This Offer shall apply to these participating Maxis Postpaid Rate Plans: MaxisONE Plan 128/158/188 on Zerolution with a new MaxisONE Share 48 Plan.
- By accepting this Offer, you will enjoy: up to 2 devices (“Devices”) at the price stipulated for the particular device if you subscribe to MaxisONE Plan 128/158/188 with a new MaxisONE Share 48 plan. “Devices” for the purposes of this SSTC refers to the devices you are eligible to purchase under the respective participating Maxis Postpaid Rate Plans.
- This Offer and use of the Service(s) is subject to the General Terms & Conditions (“GTC”), Service Specific Terms & Conditions (“SSTC”), Maxis Fair Usage Policy and any other applicable terms and conditions, all www.maxis.com.my/FUP and www.maxis.com.my/terms-conditions/personal/
- Capitalised terms herein have the same meaning as defined in the GTC.
- Any conflict or inconsistency between this SSTC, the GTC and Summary Terms and Conditions (“STC”), shall be construed in the following order of precedence: (a) SSTC; (b) GTC; and (c) STC.
- We reserve the rights without liability, to revise this SSTC, the GTC, Offer and our pricing. Where reasonably practicable, we will give you reasonable advance notice of such changes and all previous versions of our user guides or leaflets will be superseded. You accept you are responsible for regularly reviewing information on the plan(s) and Service(s) at www.maxis.com.my/terms-conditions/), including changes to the Agreement. Your continued use of the Service(s), and/or plan(s) (after the Effective Date of any revision/change to the terms and conditions of the Agreement, Services, and/or plan(s)) shall constitute unconditional acceptance by you of such revisions/changes and you shall be bound by the same. If you do not accept such revisions/changes, you will terminate the Plan(s) and/or the use of the Services by giving us notice within 28 days from the Effective Date failing which you are assumed to have accepted the changes.
- A principal line must be registered in your name and be an active account under an individual postpaid rate plan offered by us under MaxisOne Plan 128/158/188.
- In addition to clause 10, this Plan(s) is only eligible to new MaxisONE Share 48 plan activations customers, Mobile Number Portability (MNP) customers or customers requesting for Service Migration from prepaid.
- You are ineligible for this Offer if you have any outstanding payments with us.
- This Offer is inapplicable to you if you are a commercial user and/or bulk subscriber.
- The rate table guide for the rate plan under this Offer is as set out on our website at www.maxis.com.my. Rates displayed do not include all applicable taxes and GST.
- You are responsible for payment of all Charges associated with the Offer.
Deposit and Advance Payment
- A deposit of RM500 is chargeable for non-Malaysians subscribing to the participating Maxis Postpaid Rate Plans above.
- Advance payments based on the rate plan under this Offer are as set out on our website at www.maxis.com.my.
Minimum Period of Service(s) and Early Termination
- This Offer is subject to minimum period of twenty-four (24) months from the date of acceptance of these terms and conditions (“Minimum Period of Service”). If applicable, with the acceptance of this Offer, any previous device contract you had contracted for with Maxis, shall be deemed terminated as at the Date of Execution and you shall be subject to any early termination charges of such previous contract, if applicable.
- You shall NOT during the Minimum Period of Service:
- terminate your Maxis mobile account or port out to another mobile service provider;
- suspend your Maxis mobile account;
- have your Maxis mobile account terminated for non-payment of monthly bills;
- change the rate plan you had registered for pursuant to the Offer. However, any upgrade of a rate plan by you is allowed with an upgrade fee where applicable;
- change or transfer ownership of this Offer and Service(s).
- If any of the events in Clause 19 above occurs, you shall pay us an early termination charge as set out in clause 21 below.
- Applicable early termination charges are set out below:
Early termination charge = early termination for principal line + early termination for share line.
The early termination charge for principal line is calculated based on [((RRP x 2) - (RM48 x 24)) / 24 x remaining month(s)]. The early termination for share line is calculated based on RM48 x remaining month(s). Payment of the early termination charge is payable by you in addition to all monies owing to us up to the time of early termination.
- You acknowledge and agree we have the rights to block the IMEI of the Device if you are:
- suspected of fraud or found to have committed fraud; or
- after signing up to this Offer, you fail to make payment for a continuous period of three (3) months.
- If you terminate this Offer before the end of the Minimum Period of Service, you will have to pay both the early termination charge of your rate plan and any remaining Devices charge.
- We will not be responsible for replacing your Devices or any part thereof that is lost, stolen, damaged or defective. You shall be responsible for the repair and maintenance of your Devices. Should a defect or fault fall within the ambit of manufacturer’s warranty, repairs shall be subject to the applicable warranty issued by the Device manufacturer. You accept and acknowledge that the Devices are subject to the Device manufacturer’s standard warranty and we shall not be responsible and/or liable for any Devices and/or for any loss and/or damage whatsoever suffered by you and/or any other party.
Additional Features & Requirements
- The Offer cannot be exchanged for cash and the Device is not returnable upon acceptance.
- We reserve the rights to rescind any of the privileges of your rate plan in the event your line/account registered for this Offer is not used with the Device purchased.
- You may enjoy only (1) Offer for each principal line registered.
- Your device advance payment will be rebated into your bill based on your Offer. Your service line must be active for you to be able to receive the device advance payment refund. Where your line is suspended, terminated or barred, you will not be entitled to receive the said advance payment refund.