Service Specific Terms & Conditions (“SSTC”) – Maxis Roaming
- Maxis Roaming
- Appendix - Maxis Roaming
[Version 5 August 2020]
- The Plan: Maxis Roaming.
- Maxis Roaming Pass (“Roaming Pass”) comprises: -
- 1 day Unlimited Data;
- 1 day Unlimited Calls and SMS;
- 7 days ASEAN Plus Unlimited Data; and
- 30 days World Unlimited Data.
- You: Maxis’s subscriber who subscribe to any of the following postpaid plan:
- Maxis Postpaid 68;
- Maxis Postpaid 98;
- Maxis Postpaid 108;
- Maxis Postpaid 128;
- Maxis Postpaid 158;
- Maxis Postpaid 188;
- Maxis Postpaid Share;
- Maxis Unlimited Postpaid and Fibre; and/or
- Maxis Postpaid Tablet.
- The use of the Plan, Roaming Pass and Service(s) is subject to the General Terms & Conditions (“GTC”), Service Specific Terms & Conditions (“SSTC”), Maxis Fair Usage Policy and any other applicable terms and conditions, all at www.maxis.com.my/terms-conditions/personal/.
- Capitalised terms herein have the same meaning as defined in the GTC.
- Any conflict or inconsistency between this SSTC, the GTC and Summary Terms and Conditions (“STC”), shall be construed in the following order of precedence: (a) SSTC; (b) GTC; and (c) STC.
- We reserve the rights without liability, to revise this SSTC, Plan, Roaming Pass and our pricing. Where reasonably practicable, we will give you reasonable advance notice of such changes and all previous versions of our user guides or leaflets will be superseded. You accept you are responsible for regularly reviewing information on the Plan and Service(s) at www.maxis.com.my/tnc, including changes to the Agreement. Your continued use of the Service(s) and/or Plan (after the Effective Date of any revision/change to the terms and conditions of Services and/or Plan) shall constitute unconditional acceptance by you of such revisions/changes and you shall be bound by the same. If you do not accept such revisions/changes, you will terminate the Plan and/or the use of the Services by giving us notice within 28 days from the Effective Date failing which you are assumed to have accepted the changes.
We may from time to time launch different Roaming Passes or make amendments to or discontinue any existing Roaming Pass under which we provide to you the Service(s) which may be subject to additional and variation to the applicable terms and conditions.
- You must be a Maxis’s subscriber of any of the plan as stipulated in Clause 3.
- The Roaming Passes are not available to you if you travel to a country or on the network operator(s) which are not under the Plan’s or our Services’ coverage.
- This Plan will not be available to you if you have any outstanding bills with us.
- This Plan is not applicable to you if you are a commercial user and/or bulk subscriber.
Charges and services availability
- The Roaming Pass structure and rates are as per the Appendix and as set out and published on our official website at http://www.maxis.com.my/roaming.
- Roaming Pass, all International Roaming rates and availability of countries for roaming are subject to change – please check http://www.maxis.com.my/roaming or from Maxis app before leaving Malaysia for most current pricing and availability.
- International Roaming charges are not part of your included value in any postpaid plan and will be charged on top of your minimum monthly spend once you have activated the Roaming Pass or the Roaming Pass has been activated by default for you. To avoid unintended charges, you are responsible to disable roaming access on your devices.
Unlimited Calls and SMS
- You acknowledge and accept, for the voice and SMS’ allocated with the Roaming Pass that the unlimited calls and SMS’ applies to the following standard usage:
- Roaming mobile usage (Maxis to Malaysia ON-net and OFF-net calls and SMS, Maxis to local country calls and SMS, calls to local country fixed lines and video calls)
- Standard person-to-person calls or texts and not for any commercial and/ or non-personal usage;
- Non multiple simultaneous calling, conference calling, re-supply, call centre usage, telemarketing, bulk messaging, application-to-person communication, continuously call forwarding, auto-dialing, machine-to-machine communication (including by using your SIM card in any other devices), Cellular Trunking Units (CTUs), or any other activity we consider to be non-standard usage.
- The unlimited calls and SMS’ exclude premium numbers and satellite calls.
- You will be charged for making calls and SMS to other countries. International calls and SMS rate is applicable and as stipulated at https://www.maxis.com.my/lifestyle/roaming-idd/international-roaming/
- Subject to your postpaid plan and Roaming Pass, you have unlimited quota with first 2GB internet data being uncapped speed allowance to use daily. If you exceed the first 2GB, you can continue to browse internet without excess charge at a capped speed limit of up to 1Mbps.
- Maxis will notify you when you have exhausted the daily first 2GB internet data quota.
- If you’re on 1 day Unlimited Data Roaming Pass or DataRoam Roaming Pass, you may purchase or upgrade to longer validity pass such as 7 days ASEAN Plus Unlimited Data or 30 days World Unlimited Data pass within the same day. Such purchase or upgrade is available through your Maxis app or Easy Menu *100# and accessible through your Mobile Phone or, other available Devices or channels as we may inform you from time to time. Maxis reserves the right to update and/or upgrade the Roaming Pass offered from time to time.
Activation of Roaming Pass
- All Roaming Pass can be purchased through Maxis app and Easy Menu *100#.
- The 1 day Unlimited Data Roaming Pass, 1 day Unlimited Calls and SMS Roaming Pass and DataRoam Roaming Pass are auto activated for you according to the terms and usages as per Appendix.
Things we may do to the Service(s)
- We reserve the rights at any time, without being liable to you or any third party, to interrupt, bar, suspend, restrict the Roaming Pass and/or Plan for such period of time as we deem fit or terminate, discontinue or disconnect the Roaming Pass and/or Plan if your usage:
- Shows excessive usage or placing unusual burdens on our network or our roaming partner’s network;
- Is for unlawful activities or for suspected fraudulent activities;
- Is not in accordance with Maxis Fair Usage Policy (at www.maxis.com.my/FUP); or
- Is for commercial/non-personal purposes.