Service Specific Terms & Conditions ("SSTC") - MaxisONE Go WiFi
- MaxisONE Go WiFi - Terms & Conditions
- MaxisONE Go WiFi Broadband Device Contract
Version 23 October 2019
- The Plan: MaxisOne Go WiFi Services comprises of MaxisONE Go WiFi plans 78/108/138 and/or MaxisOne Go WiFi Broadband Device Contract.
- You: Person(s) signing up for the Plan.
- By accepting this Plan, you will enjoy one (1) modem ("Device") at the price stipulated for the particular device.
- This Plan shall apply to these participating Maxis Broadband Rate Plans: MaxisONE Go WiFi plans 78/108/138.
- This Plan and use of the Service(s) is subject to the General Terms & Conditions ("GTC"), Service Specific Terms & Conditions ("SSTC"), Maxis Fair Usage Policy and any other applicable terms and conditions, all www.maxis.com.my/FUP and www.maxis.com.my/terms-conditions/personal/
- All capitalised terms herein have the same meaning as defined in the GTC.
- Any conflict or inconsistency between this SSTC, the GTC and Summary Terms and Conditions ("STC"), shall be construed in the following order of precedence: (a) SSTC; (b) GTC; and (c) STC.
- We reserve the rights without liability, to revise this SSTC, the GTC, Plan and our pricing. Where reasonably practicable, we will give you reasonable advance notice of such changes and all previous versions of our user guides or leaflets will be superseded. You accept you are responsible for regularly reviewing information on the Plan and Service(s) at www.maxis.com.my/tnc, including changes to the Agreement. Your continued use of the Service(s), and/or plan(s) (after the Effective Date of any revision/change to the terms and conditions of the Agreement, Services, and/or plan(s)) shall constitute unconditional acceptance by you of such revisions/changes and you shall be bound by the same. If you do not accept such revisions/changes, you will terminate the Plan(s) and/or the use of the Services by giving us notice within 28 days from the Effective Date failing which you are assumed to have accepted the changes.
- A principal line must be registered in your name and be an active account under an individual broadband rate plan offered by us.
- You are ineligible for this Plan if you have any outstanding payments with us.
- This Plan is inapplicable to you if you are a commercial user and/or bulk subscriber.
- The rate table guide for the rate plan under this Plan is as set out on our website at https://www.maxis.com.my/broadband/maxisone-go-wifi/. Rates displayed do not include all applicable taxes.
- You are responsible for payment of all Charges associated with the Plan.
Deposit and Advance Payment
- A deposit of RM500 is chargeable for non-Malaysians subscribing to the Plan.
- Advance payment based on the rate plan under this Plan is as set out on our website at https://www.maxis.com.my/broadband/maxisone-go-wifi/
Minimum Period of Service(s) and Early Termination
- This Plan together with the Device is for a minimum of twelve (12) months contract period ("Minimum Period or Service") commencing from the date of activation ("Date of Activation") until terminated in accordance with this SSTC. If applicable, with the acceptance of this Plan, any previous device contract you had contracted for with Maxis, shall be deemed terminated as at the Date of Activation and you shall be subject to any early termination charges of such previous contract, if applicable.
- You shall NOT during the Minimum Period of Service:
- terminate your Plan and/or your Maxis broadband account;
- suspend or cause your Maxis broadband account suspended;
- have your Maxis broadband account terminated for non-payment of monthly bills;
- downgrade rate plan you had registered for pursuant to the Plan
- change or transfer ownership of this Plan.
- If any of the events in Clause 17 above occurs, you shall pay us an early termination charge as set out in clause 19 below. Payment of the early termination charge is payable by you in addition to all monies owing to us up to the time of early termination.
- For early termination during the Minimum Period of Service, you agree that Maxis has the right to impose an early termination charge you are responsible to pay if you terminate your 12-months contract before its expiry. The early termination charge is calculated based on [(Recommended Retail Price (RRP) – Upfront Cost) x (Remaining month(s) ÷ 12 months)] + RM 100 administration fee.
- You acknowledge and agree that Maxis shall have the rights to block the IMEI of the Device if you are:
- suspected of fraud or found to have committed fraud; or
- after signing up to this Plan, you fail to make payment for a continuous period of three (3) months.
- The modem provided under these terms and conditions are on a while stock last basis. We reserve the rights to change the modem model from time to time.
- We shall not be responsible for replacing your Device or any part thereof that is lost, stolen, damaged or defective. You shall be responsible for the repair and maintenance of your Device. Should a defect or fault fall within the ambit of manufacturer’s warranty, repairs shall be subject to the applicable warranty issued by the Device manufacturer. You accept and acknowledge that the Devices are subject to the Device manufacturer’s standard warranty and we shall not be responsible and/or liable for any Devices and/or for any loss and/or damage whatsoever suffered by you and/or any other party.
- The Device manufacturer’s warranty does not cover: (a) the SIM card and modem holder; (b) damage, loss or defects caused by any act, omission, misuse, negligence including usage of the modem contrary to instructions provided by Maxis or the manufacturer (as set out in the modem’s user guide); and/or (c) other acts beyond our reasonable control.
- Please visit your nearest Maxis Centre should you have any issues with the Device.
- If you discontinue the Plan before the Minimum Period of Service ends, you do not need to return the Device, however we will impose you the early termination charge as stated in clause 19.
- You acknowledge that the Plan and MaxisONE Go WiFi Service speed is on a best efforts basis. The typical average speed for the 75Mbps 4G LTE network is between 10 to 30Mbps.
- Total Internet quota for each Plan(s) is specified during point of sales as contained in the sales material and the rate table on our website at https://www.maxis.com.my/broadband/maxisone-go-wifi/. Once your allocated internet quota finishes, the speed will be managed to a lower speed until your next billing cycle with no excess charges. To continue enjoying the MaxisONE Go WiFi Service at regular speeds when your allocated internet quota is finished, you may purchase data passes BEFORE you exceed your MaxisONE Go WiFi package data allocation. Such upgrade is available through your MyMaxis App or Maxis online account and accessible through your mobile phone, other available Devices or channels as we may inform you from time to time.
- To ensure all our users enjoy quality browsing experience, we will not assure constant connectivity if you use peer-to-peer or file sharing programs.
- For any planned interruption of Service(s), adequate notice will be provided via notice on our official website at https://www.maxis.com.my/broadband/maxisone-go-wifi/ and/or any other mode of communication as we may deem appropriate.
Additional Features & Requirements
- You must register your CBR (Can Be Reached) mobile number via My Maxis App or Maxis Online Account and keep your CBR mobile number updated so that any of our notice can reach you in timely manner.
- The SIM card allocated to you for the MaxisONE Go WiFi Service can be used with the modem provided or other mobile devices.
- Your bills are available in electronic format if you sign up for E-Billing service via My Maxis App or Maxis Online Account and a copy is sent to your nominated email address.
- You can opt for upgrades or downgrades at any Maxis Service Centre or Maxis Exclusive Partners (MEP) or our Contact Centres (123). If you upgrade or downgrade to another MaxisONE Go WiFi plan, your monthly commitment fee will be pro-rated against your billing cycle date.
- The Plan cannot be exchanged for cash and the Device is not returnable upon acceptance or Date of Activation.
- We reserve the rights to rescind any of the privileges of your rate plan in the event your line/account registered for this Plan is not used with the Device purchased.
- Your device advance payment will be rebated into your bill based on your Plan. Your service line must be active for you to be able to receive the device advance payment refund. Where your line is suspended, terminated or barred, you will not be entitled to receive the said advance payment refund.
- Data Roaming Service is available for MaxisONE Go WiFi Service. RM10/day will be charged if you opt in for the Data Roaming Service while roaming in ASEAN countries. Your local data quota will be utilized according to the MaxisONE Go WiFi plan you have signed up for.
- Whilst roaming overseas other than the ASEAN countries mentioned, the prevailing data roaming charges at https://www.maxis.com.my/lifestyle/roaming-idd/international-roaming/ apply.
- Subject to our GTC, a principal line holder may at any time terminate the Plan as follows:
- By calling our customer care line at 1-800-82-1123 or dial 123 from your mobile;
- By walking into our Maxis Centres listed on www.maxis.com.my; or
- By writing in to email@example.com