Terms & Conditions
Maxis eWaste Recycling Campaign Terms and Conditions
Version [1 October 2023]
- Maxis eWaste Recycling Campaign (“Campaign”) is organised and promoted by Maxis Broadband Sdn Bhd (“Maxis”) in collaboration with Maxis’ eWaste partner for customers or non-customers (the “Participants”) to recycle their electronic devices or electronic appliances.
- Participation to the Campaign is voluntary. By participating in the Campaign and/or submit eWaste recycle request to Maxis, you are deemed to have accepted and agreed to these Campaign terms and conditions.
- The Campaign mechanics are as follow: -
- The Participants must register with Maxis and submit an eWaste recycle reuest form from the Campaign’s webpage at www.maxis.com.my/ewaste or via Maxis app for Maxis’ eWaste partner to arrange eWaste collection from the Participants’ premises.
- For clarity, “e-Waste” refers to broken, non-working, used and/or obsolete electronic devices or electronic appliances (eg. computer, flatscreen smartphone, tablet, printer or projector or home appliances) AND units that are not bigger than 50cm in size or heavier than 25kg, which are listed as common recyclable eWaste on the Campaign webpage.
- Upon successful submission of the eWaste recycle request form to Maxis, Maxis’ eWaste partner will: -
- contact the Participants within seven (7) days from the request submission and arrange for free eWaste collection/ pick-up service of not less than three (3) units of the used electronic devices or electronic appliances (eg. computer, flatscreen, smartphone, tablet, printer or projector) from the Participants’ premises;
- for less than three (3) units of the used electronic devices or electronic appliances or bulky items, pick-up cost may be appliable, and the Participants must agree to such pick-up cost prior to any arrangement of pick-up and pay the same to Maxis’ eWaste partner.
- If “Pay me” is selected at your eWaste recycle request form, in return of the used electronic devices or electronic appliances collected by Maxis’ eWaste partner, Maxis’ eWaste partner will provide cash rewards via online banking transfer or e-wallet to the participants, details and amount of which are stated on Maxis’ eWaste partner’s website at https://erth.app/.
- Doorstep collection availability is limited to Klang Valley and Johor Bahru or such other locations which may be updated on the Campaign’s webpage from time to time.
- The Participants are responsible to remove any SIM cards, memory card, personal data and perform factory reset on your used electronic devices. Any request for the Partner to do the same may subject to additional charge by Maxis’ eWaste partner.
- In the event of any dispute arising from this Campaign or relating to the interpretation of these terms and conditions, Maxis’ decision shall be final and binding on all parties. No correspondence or further claims will be entertained.
- Maxis reserves the rights to change, amend and modify these terms and conditions from time to time.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Malaysia, and each participant irrevocably submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Malaysia.
- For enquiry, queries, request and issues, please refer to our Frequent Asked Questions, contact us and contact Maxis’ eWaste partner at 6014-2211446.