Service Specific Terms & Conditions ("SSTC") - Maxis Family Plan
Version 22nd July 2021
- The Plan: Maxis Family Plan.
- You: Person signing up for the Maxis Family Plan.
- Maxis Family Plan comprises of the following Service(s):
- Maxis Family Principal Line and/or Maxis Family Supplementary Line; AND
- Maxis Family Fibre or Maxis Family Home 4G WiFi (collectively as “Home Internet”), whichever is applicable.
- Please refer to Appendix A of this SSTC for the type of Maxis Family Plan(s) that is(are) available.
- The use of the Maxis Family Plan and Service(s) is subject to the General Terms & Conditions (“GTC”) at https://www.maxis.com.my/terms-conditions/personal/general/maxis-consumer/, this Service Specific Terms & Conditions (“SSTC”), Maxis Fair Usage Policy and any other applicable terms and conditions, all at www.maxis.com.my/terms-conditions/personal.
- Capitalised terms herein have the same meaning as defined in the GTC.
- Any conflict or inconsistency between this SSTC, the GTC and Summary Terms and Conditions (“STC”), shall be construed in the following order of precedence: (a) SSTC; (b) GTC; and (c) STC.
- The Services under the Maxis Family Plan are further subject to the following:
- for Maxis Family Principal Line and Maxis Family Supplementary Line (if appliable) – please refer to Appendix B of this SSTC;
- for Maxis Family Fibre (if applicable) - please refer to Appendix C of this SSTC; and
- for Maxis Family Home 4G WiFi (if applicable) – please refer to Appendix D of this SSTC.
- We reserve the rights without liability, to revise this SSTC including the appendices, the Maxis Family Plan and our pricing. Where reasonably practicable, we will give you reasonable advance notice of such changes and all previous versions of our user guides or leaflets will be superseded. You accept you are responsible for regularly reviewing information on the Maxis Family Plan and Service(s) at https://www.maxis.com.my/terms-conditions/personal/, including changes to the Agreement. Your continued use of the Service(s) and/or the Maxis Family Plan (after the Effective Date of any revision/change to the terms and conditions of Services and/or Maxis Family Plan) shall constitute unconditional acceptance by you of such revisions/changes and you shall be bound by the same. If you do not accept such revisions/changes, you will terminate the Maxis Family Plan and/or the use of the Services by giving us notice within 28 days from the Effective Date failing which you are assumed to have accepted the changes.
- You must be (i) at least 18 years of age; and (ii) shall at all times maintain the subscription of all Services stated in Clause 3 active to enjoy the benefits of the Maxis Family Plan.
- You are not eligible for the Maxis Family Plan if you have any outstanding payments with us.
- The Maxis Family Plan is not applicable to you if you are a commercial user and/or bulk subscriber.
- You shall at all times only entitle to subscribe to one (1) Maxis Family Plan.
- The Maxis Family Plan and all the Services under the Maxis Family Plan must be in the same account under your name as the principal account holder. If you subscribed to other service(s) that are not within the Maxis Family Plan, such service(s) will be separated from this Maxis Family Plan account.
- The Maxis Family Plan is a bundle package whereby all the Service(s) as stipulated under Clause 3 shall be combined together as one (1) plan. Accordingly, you are not allowed to split the Service(s) (as per Clause 3) into different accounts or separate the bill for each Service(s) under this Maxis Family Plan.
Commitment Period and Termination
- The Maxis Family Plan commences on the date of successful activation of the Maxis Family Principal Line under the Maxis Family Plan ("Activation Date") for a period of 24 months ("Commitment Period").
- You acknowledge that Maxis shall have the right to terminate the Maxis Family Plan at any time during the Commitment Period in the event any one of the following happen:
- you fail or refuse to make full payment of any amount due within 30 days from the statement due date; or
- you terminate your Maxis Family Plan, Maxis Family Principal Line or Home Internet; or
- you are suspected of fraud or found to be committed of fraud; or
- you have requested to change or transfer the ownership of Maxis Family Plan to another person.
- The following early termination charge (“Early Termination Charge”) shall apply to you when the Maxis Family Plan is terminated due to the reason stated in Clause 17 above:
RM75 x Remaining month(s) of the Commitment Period.
- The Early Termination Charge does not apply after the Commitment Period. After the Commitment Period, the Maxis Family Plan shall continue automatically until the Maxis Family Plan is terminated in accordance with this SSTC.
- Please note that if Maxis Family Principal Line or Home Internet is terminated by Maxis or you for any reason whatsoever, all other Service(s) under the Maxis Family Plan will be terminated and Early Termination Charge will apply if such termination occurs during the Commitment Period.
- Subject to our GTC and this SSTC, the principal account holder of the Maxis Family Plan may at any time terminate the Maxis Family Plan as follows:
- by walking into our Maxis Centres listed on www.maxis.com.my if you are subscribing to Maxis Family Plan with Maxis Family Fibre; or
- by calling our customer care line at 1-800-82-1123 or dial 123 from your mobile or writing in to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are subscribing to Maxis Family Plan with Maxis Family Home 4G WiFi.
Deposit & Billing
- A deposit of RM500 is chargeable for each of your mobile principal line and supplementary line for foreigner subscribing for the Maxis Family Plan.
- Non-payment of any one of the Service(s) under the Maxis Family Plan may result in suspension or barring of all the Service(s) under the Maxis Family Plan until the outstanding amount is paid.
Devices Add-on and Others
- Upon your subscription to the Maxis Family Plan and subject to our credit check policy, you have the option to purchase (i) selected mobile device from us under Maxis Zerolution plan and/or (ii) selected TV device under TV Zerolution plan.
- If you exercise the option to purchase mobile device under the Maxis Zerolution plan, you acknowledge that you will be further subject to the Service Specific Terms & Conditions - Maxis Zerolution (“Maxis Zerolution SSTC”) available at https://www.maxis.com.my/en/terms-conditions/personal/postpaid/zerolution/. Any conflict and inconsistency between this SSTC and the Maxis Zerolution SSTC, the Maxis Zerolution SSTC shall prevail.
- If you exercise the option to purchase home device under the Home Zerolution (previously known as TV Zerolution) plan, you acknowledge that you will be further subject to the Service Specific Terms & Conditions – Home Zerolution (“Home Zerolution SSTC”), available at https://www.maxis.com.my/en/terms-conditions/personal/broadband/home-zerolution/. Any conflict and inconsistency between this SSTC and the Home Zerolution SSTC, the Home Zerolution SSTC shall take precedence.
- You are not allowed to carry over or transfer any existing subscription of Maxis Zerolution or Home Zerolution, as the case may be, into the Maxis Family Plan.
Additional Features and Requirements
- Upon your subscription to the Maxis Family Plan, you are no longer entitled to subscribe for the Share ‘n’ Surf Service (https://www.maxis.com.my/terms-conditions/personal/postpaid/mobile-internet/).
- If we allow you to switch or change your existing Service(s)’ rate plan to the Maxis Family Plan, you will not be able to carry forward or transfer any special rate/ promotions/ benefits/rebates that you are currently enjoying under your existing Service(s)’ rate plan to this Maxis Family Plan.
- Upgrade or downgrade of the Maxis Family Plan is allowed if the Commitment Period is no longer applicable. During the Commitment Period, only upgrade is allowed.
- For any planned interruption of Service(s), adequate notice will be provided via a valid mobile number and/or any other mode of communication as we may deem appropriate.
- For Porting out request after your subscription to the Maxis Family Plan, subject to the terms and conditions under any of the Home Internet service, you are required to contact Maxis to detach Home Internet from Maxis Family Plan before any Porting out request.
Things we may do to the Service(s)
- We will endeavour to call you within 7 days of your application for the Maxis Family Plan to inform you of acceptance or rejection of your application. Provision of any of the Service(s) under the Maxis Family Plan is at our sole discretion. For the avoidance of doubt, if the Maxis Family Principal Line and/or Home Internet cannot be provided to you for whatsoever reason, your applicable for the Maxis Family Plan will be deemed unsuccessful/rejected.
- We reserve the rights at any time, without being liable to you or any third party, to interrupt, bar, suspend, restrict the Maxis Family Plan or any of the Service(s) under the Maxis Family Plan for such time as we see fit or terminate, discontinue or disconnect the Maxis Family Plan or any of the Service(s) if your usage:
- shows excessive usage or places an unusual burden on our Network;
- is for unlawful activities or for suspected fraudulent activities;
- is not in accordance with the Maxis Fair Usage Policy (at www.maxis.com.my/FUP); and/or
- is for commercial/non-personal purposes.