Terms & Conditions
Service Specific Terms & Conditions (“SSTC”) – Direct Carrier Billing (DCB)
Version [22 December 2021]
You mean the person(s) who authorize us to conclude the purchase of Content by using DCB as a payment method.
App Store means digital distribution platform where you can download and install it to your mobile device, computer and other supported device, including but not limited to Google Play Store, Apple’s iTunes store, Huawei App Gallery, or such other third-party app store that partners with Maxis from time to time.
Content means any third party digital content, including but not limited to games, music, movies, media content books, magazines, digital goods, or services applications made available for purchase and/or subscription via various App Stores.
DCB means Direct Carrier Billing, is an alternate mobile payment method/service by which You can purchase the Content or physical product to be billed to your Maxis postpaid monthly bill and/or to be deducted from the prepaid airtime balance from your Hotlink account.
- DCB is a service provided by Maxis for You to make purchase of Content by charging the payment to your Maxis monthly postpaid bill and/or by deducting your Hotlink prepaid airtime/ prepaid credit from your Hotlink account as long as You have sufficient prepaid balances. DCB is available to You in the form of “Pay with your Maxis bill”, “Pay with your Hotlink Credit” or any other name which may be use by us on our platform from time to time.
- The use of DCB is subject to:
- the Maxis General Terms & Conditions (“GTC”) at https://www.maxis.com.my/en/terms-conditions/personal/general/maxis-consumer/, if You are a Maxis postpaid customer; or
- the Hotlink General Terms & Conditions (“GTC”), if You are a Hotlink prepaid customer or Hotlink postpaid customer;
- this Service Specific Terms & Conditions (“SSTC”); and
- any other applicable terms and conditions, all at https://www.maxis.com.my/en/terms-conditions/personal/ and https://www.hotlink.com.my/en/terms-conditions/hotlink/.
- In the event of any conflict or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of this SSTC and the terms and conditions of the GTC, the terms and conditions of this SSTC shall prevail.
- Unless otherwise defined herein, all capitalised terms herein shall have the same meaning as defined in the GTC.
- We reserve the rights without liability, to revise this SSTC and our Service. Where reasonably practicable, we will give you reasonable advance notice of such changes and all previous versions of our user guides or leaflets will be superseded. Your continued use of DCB and/or the Service, plan(s) or packages (after the Effective Date of any revision/change to this SSTC and terms and conditions of the relevant Services and/or plan(s) or packages) shall constitute unconditional acceptance by you of such revisions/changes and you shall be bound by the same. If you do not accept such revisions/changes, you may discontinue using the DCB and/or the Service, failing which you are assumed to have accepted the changes.
- By using DCB Service, you expressly agree and authorise Maxis to be your billing agent to conclude the purchase of the Content on your behalf. In addition, you acknowledge that your use of the DCB service shall be subject to, and you shall review, accept and comply with, such terms and conditions (including any end user licence agreements) as may be applicable to third party sites and/or third party contents (“Third Party Site”). You shall be solely responsible for any provision or submission of information by or on behalf of you on or through any Third Party Site and you further acknowledge and agree that Third Party Sites are not under Maxis’s control and Maxis shall not be responsible to the contents or functionality of any Third Party Site.
- The DCB service is open and available to all Maxis postpaid, Hotlink Postpaid and prepaid mobile customers (excluding Hotlink Tourist SIM) who are:
- For the avoidance of doubt, in the event that you request transfer ownership of account to another person and/or Port or port-out your mobile number from Maxis/Hotlink to another operator, you will remain responsible for all fees and charges incurred prior to the transfer or Porting is completed. Maxis is unable to provide any assistance to refund or transfer any Content subscribed via Maxis DCB after the transfer and/or Porting.
- If you migrate your mobile number from Hotlink prepaid to Maxis postpaid, vice versa, you will remain responsible for all fees and charges incurred prior or after the migration as long as the account/service registered in your name.
- You use and continuing use of the DCB service, including by clicking a virtual button in any of the Content provider and/or App Store will be deemed that You have fully understood and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of DCB service. You may also be subject to applicable terms & conditions of Content provider(s) and app store(s).
- By using the DCB service, You consent and authorize Maxis to exchange information, including without limitation, Your mobile phone number and status of Your account, with the Content provider and/or App Store in order to process Your payment transaction. Such information will be also used to investigate unauthorized, suspected fraud or fraud transactions related to Your DCB transactions/usages.
- Maxis may suspend or terminate Your use of the DCB service where we suspected or detected that there is unauthorized transaction or fraudulent use of DCB service.
- You will not be asked to verify your identity when making an individual purchase or signing up to a subscription from Third Party Site, so be mindful of others using your device. If You allow any other person (including immediate/extended family members, minors and/or person who lack of legal capacity) to access or use the DCB service, You agree to be responsible for such other person action and all transactions initiated by such person in relation to the DCB service.
- You agree to pay for any purchase or subscription make on App Store and/or all Content charges used from your mobile device and that of your supplementary lines (if any) as long as the account is in your name, even if your mobile device is not in your possession or even if the use of DCB service is not authorized by you or has exceeded the spend limit of DCB or has arisen from any other causes. For the avoidance of doubt, You shall continue to be liable for any act and/or omission by the user of the supplementary lines, even if the mobile number is suspended and terminated for whatsoever reasons.
- Maxis do not guarantee the availability, continuity and/or error-free of the DCB service if, for example, our agreement with the Content provider comes to an end. By subscribing to the DCB service, You acknowledge and agree that Maxis shall not in any manner whatsoever be liable for any delay in or the failure to perform obligations or cessation of DCB with certain Content provider for any reason whatsoever.
- Maxis do not provide any operational or technical support for the Content service provider and/or App Store. However, such technical support may be provided to you by the Content service provider and/or App Store.
- The default digital spend limit for You are as follows: -
- RM500, if You are a Maxis postpaid or Hotlink postpaid customer and the line tenure is 4 months and above. Subject to your overall postpaid credit limit, you may increase or decrease the digital spend limit via Maxis app or Hotlink app; or
- RM55, if You are a Maxis postpaid or Hotlink postpaid customer and the line tenure if less than 4 months. Request for DCB digital spend limit is not allowed; or
- RM5000, if You are a Hotlink prepaid customer subject always that You have sufficient prepaid credit in your Hotlink account and such account is active.
- The digital spend limit will renew in the following month for postpaid customers.
- The default digital spend limit for You are as follows: -
- Prices for Content are determined by the Content’s service provider and/or App Store. Please contact the Content’s service provider for any pricing enquiries.
- By using the DCB service, You acknowledge that Maxis is only acting as the billing agent in providing DCB service to enable You to finalize the purchases of Content and collect payment from You. Please contact the Content’s service provider if you experience any problems or issues with the Content that you had purchased.
- If You subscribe to a subscription service, You will be billed in accordance with the subscription frequency and price indicated by Content service providers and/or App Store. You are required to refer to the subscription cancellation option set by the Content service provider and/or App Store and make cancellation request accordingly. If the subscription is not cancelled prior to the renewal date, You may no longer have the right to cancel or receive a refund from the Content service providers and/or App Store and any cancellation will take effect from the following renewal period. Maxis is not liable to refund any charges in such event.
- All purchases of the Content via DCB are final, and no returns, replacements or refunds are permitted, except as set out in the refund policy of the relevant Content service provider and/or App Store. You expressly acknowledge that Maxis as billing agent to conclude the purchase of the Content on your behalf is unable to make any return, replacement or refund to You and that Maxis shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage whatsoever arising from the use of DCB service by You. Please refer to the relevant Content service provider and/or App Store for more information about your rights to return, replacement or refund for the purchases you make via DCB.