Service Specific Terms & Conditions (“SSTC”) – Maxis Unlimited Postpaid and Fibre
[Version 19 May 2021]
- The Plan: Maxis Unlimited Postpaid and Fibre comprising Maxis Postpaid 98, 108, 128, 158, 188, and Maxis Fibre 30Mbps, 100Mbps, 300Mbps, 500Mbps, 800Mbps.
- You: Person signing up for the Maxis Unlimited Postpaid and Fibre (“the Services”).
- If you change your current rate plan to the new Maxis Unlimited Postpaid and Fibre, you will not be able to carry forward any promotions/benefits that you are currently enjoying under your existing rate plan to your new Maxis Unlimited Postpaid and Fibre subscribed to.
- The use of the Plan and Service(s) is subject to the General Terms & Conditions (“GTC”) at https://www.maxis.com.my/terms-conditions/personal/general/maxis-consumer/, Service Specific Terms & Conditions (“SSTC”), Maxis Fair Usage Policy and any other applicable terms and conditions, all at www.maxis.com.my/terms-conditions/personal.
- Capitalised terms herein have the same meaning as defined in the GTC.
- Any conflict or inconsistency between this SSTC, the GTC and Summary Terms and Conditions (“STC”), shall be construed in the following order of precedence: (a) SSTC; (b) GTC; and (c) STC. Further, the Maxis Postpaid 98, 108, 128, 158, 188 under the Plan(s) is subject to SSTC – Maxis Postpaid (https://www.maxis.com.my/terms-conditions/personal/postpaid/maxis-postpaid/) and the Maxis Fibre 30Mbps, 100Mbps, 300Mbps, 500Mbps or 800Mbps under the Plan(s) are subject to SSTC – Maxis Fibre (https://www.maxis.com.my/terms-conditions/personal/broadband/maxis-fibre/). For clarity, any conflict or inconsistency between this SSTC, SSTC – Maxis Postpaid and SSTC – Maxis Fibre, this SSTC shall take precedence.
- We reserve the rights without liability, to revise this SSTC, Plan(s) and our pricing. Where reasonably practicable, we will give you reasonable advance notice of such changes and all previous versions of our user guides or leaflets will be superseded. You accept you are responsible for regularly reviewing information on the Plan(s) and Service(s) at https://www.maxis.com.my/terms-conditions/personal/, including changes to the Agreement. Your continued use of the Service(s) and/or Plan(s) (after the Effective Date of any revision/change to the terms and conditions of Services and/or Plan(s)) shall constitute unconditional acceptance by you of such revisions/changes and you shall be bound by the same. If you do not accept such revisions/changes, you will terminate the Plan(s) and/or the use of the Services by giving us notice within 28 days from the Effective Date failing which you are assumed to have accepted the changes.
Availability of Service(s)
- Maxis Fibre is only available in certain coverage areas. Call 123 (from your mobile), 1800 82 1123 or log onto https://www.maxis.com.my/broadband/maxis-fibre/coverage/ to check if you are within the coverage area.
- You are ineligible for this Plan if you owe us any payments.
- This Plan is inapplicable to you if you are a commercial user and/or bulk subscriber.
- The provision of Service(s) is contingent on your Premises being-fibre ready and having a termination point within the Premises.
- The Plan's structure is published on our official website at https://www.maxis.com.my/family/maxis-unlimited-postpaid-fibre/, as updated by us from time to time. Charges published are exclusive of all applicable taxes.
- The applicable Charges and rate table guide for the Product and Service(s) is as set out on our official website at https://www.maxis.com.my/family/maxis-unlimited-postpaid-fibre/. Charges displayed do not include all applicable taxes.
Deposit & Billing
- A deposit of RM500 for Maxis Postpaid 98, 108, 128, 158, 188 and RM500 for Maxis Fibre 30Mbps, 100Mbps, 300Mbps, 500Mbps, 800Mbps is chargeable for non-Malaysians subscribing for the Service(s).
- Non-payment for any one of the Service package may result in suspension or barring of all the Services until the outstanding amount is paid.
Things we may do to the Service(s)
- We reserve the rights at any time, without being liable to you or any third party, to interrupt, bar, suspend, restrict the Service(s) (including downgrade your Maxis Postpaid plan) for such time as we see fit or terminate, discontinue or disconnect the Service(s) if your usage:
- shows excessive usage or placing unusual burdens on our Network;
- is for unlawful activities or for suspected fraudulent activities;
- is not in accordance with the Maxis Fair Usage Policy at https://www.maxis.com.my/terms-conditions/personal/general/maxis-fair-usage-policy/; or
- is for commercial/non-personal purposes.
Mobile Internet Package allocation
- For data allocated with the Plan, you acknowledge and accept:
- If the combined mobile data usage of your principal line, your shared lines and your Maxis 4G Backup exceed 300GB in a month, Maxis may at its absolute discretion limit the quality of video streaming and/or browsing speed;
- The mobile internet package allocated within the Plan is exclusively for domestic usage only;
- You can opt for upgrades or downgrades at any Maxis Service Centre or Maxis Exclusive Partners (MEP) or our call 123 from mobile; and
- If you upgrade or downgrade to another Maxis Postpaid plan, your monthly commitment fee will be pro-rated against your billing cycle date. You will be charged the full commitment fee from the second month onwards but with full mobile internet package allocation from the first month.
- The rates outlined in the Plan structure do not account for usages while on an overseas roaming network. Whilst roaming overseas, the prevailing data roaming charges at https://www.maxis.com.my/lifestyle/roaming-idd/international-roaming/.
Additional Features & Requirements
- You will only be able to enjoy the benefits of the Services after the activation of your subscribed Maxis Postpaid 98, 108, 128, 158, 188 and Maxis Fibre 30Mbps, 100Mbps, 300Mbps, 500Mbps, 800Mbps under the Plan(s). For clarity:
- if for any reason, your subscribed Maxis Postpaid 98, 108, 128, 158, 188 and/or Maxis Fibre 30Mbps, 100Mbps, 300Mbps, 500Mbps, 800Mbps under the Plan(s) fails to be activated or installed, you are deemed not to have been registered for the Plan(s); and
- if either of your subscribed Maxis Postpaid 98, 108, 128, 158, 188 or Maxis Fibre 30Mbps, 100Mbps, 300Mbps, 500Mbps, 800Mbps is successfully activated or installed, you are deemed to have been registered for the respective plans.
- Upon registration for the Plan, your registered Maxis Postpaid plan and Maxis Fibre plan must be kept active and cannot be suspended for whatsoever reason to enable you to continue to enjoy the benefits of the unlimited Services.
Maxis Fibre 4G Backup Service
- Maxis Fibre 4G Backup Service is an optional service under this Plan and is only available to Maxis Unlimited Postpaid and Fibre customers.
- If you subscribe to Maxis Fibre 4G Backup Service, we will provide you with a 4G dongle at no additional cost. A minimum commitment period of 12-months applies to the Maxis Fibre 4G Backup Service starting on the date of SIM Card activation(“12-Months 4G Backup Commitment Period”). In the event you terminate the Maxis Fibre 4G Backup Service or this Plan within the minimum commitment period, an early termination fee of RM200 will apply.
- In the event your Residential Gateway (“RGW”) is not compatible with the 4G dongle, upon your request Maxis will perform a RGW swap from existing RGW to a new RGW that supports the 4G dongle, subject to the following conditions:
- For customer who subscribed Maxis Fibre plan via Maxis, you must re-contract a new minimum 24-month commitment period on your Maxis Fibre plan (“New Maxis Fibre Commitment Period”) starting from the date of installation of the RGW swap. In the event you terminate Maxis Fibre Plan within the New Fibre Commitment Period, an early termination charge will apply as provided under your Maxis Fibre plan at https://www.maxis.com.my/terms-conditions/personal/broadband/maxis-fibre/.
- For customer who subscribed Maxis Fibre plan not via Maxis, a minimum commitment period of 24-months on your Maxis Fibre 4G Backup Service shall apply (“24-Months 4G Backup Commitment Period”). In the event you terminate Maxis Fibre 4G Backup Service within the 24 Months 4G Backup Commitment Period, an early termination charge will apply as provided under your Maxis Fibre plan at https://www.maxis.com.my/terms-conditions/personal/broadband/maxis-fibre/. Early termination charge for Maxis Fibre 4G Backup Service and RGW is not mutually exclusive.
- You are strictly not allowed to remove the Maxis Equipment (including any SIM Card) from the RGW or remove the RGW from the physical fibre cable without Maxis’ written permission. The specific device warranty for the dongle may be void and Service(s) may be barred or terminated if SIM Card is removed from the 4G dongle/RGW.
- You are strictly not allowed to use the Maxis Fibre 4G backup SIM Card in any other location other than the registered Maxis Fibre plan installation address. Services may be barred or terminated if Maxis Fibre 4G Backup SIM Card is used in a location other than the registered Maxis fibre installation address.
- You are strictly not allowed to use the Maxis Fibre 4G Backup when your subscribed Maxis Fibre plan is connected and there are no service interruptions. Maxis reserves the right to bar or terminate the Services if we detect your Maxis Fibre 4G Backup is used when your subscribed Maxis Fibre plan is connected and there are no service interruptions.
- In the event that the Maxis Equipment (including any SIM Card) is lost or broken, you will be charged accordingly for the replacement and delivery of Maxis Equipment. The charge will appear in the next monthly bill.
- There is no guarantee of speed. Availability of the Services depends on mobile data or fibre coverage.
- Suspension or barring or termination of the Services or this Plan will also cause Maxis Fibre 4G Backup to be suspended or barred or terminated at the same time.
- The roaming functionality of the SIM Card for Maxis Fibre 4G Backup is disabled by default. However if you wish to enable roaming using the said SIM Card, you will be charged the prevailing roaming charges as set out in the Pay-Per-Use Tariff as stated in https://www.maxis.com.my/lifestyle/roaming-idd/international-roaming/.
- For any issue related to the delivery or lost of SIM Card for Maxis Fibre 4G Backup, you are required to contact Maxis to make arrangement for delivery or replacement of such Sim Card.
- Subject to our GTC and this SSTC, a principal line holder may at any time terminate the Plan as follows:
- by calling our customer care line at 1-800-82-1123 or dial 123 from your mobile;
- by walking into our Maxis Centres listed on www.maxis.com.my; or
- by writing in to email@example.com.
- Upgrade or downgrade of the Maxis Postpaid or Maxis Fibre under this Plan is allowed.
- Maxis shall have the right to immediately terminate this Plan if:
- you terminate either or both Maxis Postpaid plan/ Maxis Fibre plan under this Plan; or
- you nominate or exchange your Plan to another Maxis Postpaid line or Maxis Fibre line within the same account.
- after signing up to this Plan, you fail to make full payment of any amount due within 30 days of the statement due date.
- Upon termination of your Plan as per clause 34 above, all the unlimited benefits under this Plan will automatically cease to be applicable to you and you may be liable for all applicable Early Termination Charges under Maxis Fibre Plan at https://www.maxis.com.my/terms-conditions/personal/broadband/maxis-fibre/, notwithstanding that your respective Maxis Postpaid plan and Maxis Fibre plan will continue as normal.
- For any planned interruption of Service(s), adequate notice will be provided via a valid mobile number and/or any other mode of communication as we may deem appropriate.
- Upon your subscription to the Plan, you are eligible to enter into selected device contracts with us, which are subject to the respective device contract terms and conditions including device warranty (if any). Subscription to the Plan(s) does not affect your existing device contracts with us (if any).
- Upon your subscription to the Plan(s), you are no longer entitled to subscribe for the Share ‘n’ Surf Service (https://www.maxis.com.my/terms-conditions/personal/postpaid/mobile-internet/).This term will continue to apply to you even if you are no longer subscribe to the Plan(s).;
- For Porting out request after your subscription to the Plan, subject to the terms and conditions under Maxis Fibre plan, you are required to contact Maxis to detach Maxis Fibre from the Plan before any Porting out request.