Service Specific Terms & Conditions (“SSTC”) – Maxis Internet Security
- The SaaS Service: Maxis Internet Security.
- “SaaS Service” means software as a service, in which the software for Maxis Internet Security is provided by Maxis in collaboration with third party service provider, Gogopass Asia Sdn Bhd who manage services and software known as Kaspersky security solutions, which contains Kaspersky Safe Kids and Kaspersky Secure Connection (“Third Party Sites” and/or “Third Party Content”).
- You: Person(s) signing up for the SaaS Service.
- The use of the SaaS Service is subject to the General Terms & Conditions (“GTC”) at https://www.maxis.com.my/en/terms-conditions/personal/general/maxis-consumer/, this Service Specific Terms & Conditions (“SSTC”), Maxis Fair Usage Policy (https://www.maxis.com.my/terms-conditions/personal/general/maxis-fair-usage-policy/), and any other applicable terms and conditions, all at (https://www.maxis.com.my/terms-conditions/personal/ or https://www.hotlink.com.my/en/terms-conditions/hotlink/).
- Capitalised terms herein have the same meaning as defined in the GTC.
- Any conflict or inconsistency between this SSTC, the GTC and Summary Terms and Conditions (“STC”), shall be construed in the following order of precedence: (a) SSTC; (b) GTC; and (c) STC.
- We reserve the rights without liability, to revise this SSTC, SaaS Service and our pricing. Where reasonably practicable, we will give you reasonable advance notice of such changes and all previous versions of our user guides or leaflets will be superseded. You accept you are responsible for regularly reviewing information on the SaaS Service, plan(s) or packages at https://www.maxis.com.my/terms-conditions/personal/ or https://www.hotlink.com.my/en/terms-conditions/hotlink/personal-hotlink-prepaid/general/general-tnc/, including changes to the Agreement. Your continued use of the SaaS Service or plan(s) or packages (after the Effective Date of any revision/change to the terms and conditions of Services and/or plan(s) or packages) shall constitute unconditional acceptance by you of such revisions/changes and you shall be bound by the same. If you do not accept such revisions/changes, you may discontinue using the SaaS Service, failing which you are assumed to have accepted the changes.
- In addition, you acknowledge and agree that your access and/or use of the SaaS Service shall be subject to, and you shall review, accept and comply with, such terms and conditions (including any end user license agreements) as may be applicable to such Third Party Sites and/or Third Party Content. You shall be solely responsible for any provision or submission of information by or on behalf of you on or through any Third Party Site and you further acknowledge and agree that Third Party Sites are not under Maxis’ control and Maxis shall not be responsible to the contents or functionality of any Third Party Site.
Maxis Internet Security Pass
- There are two types of passes for Maxis Internet Security (“Maxis Internet Security Pass”): -
- Kaspersky Secure Connection; and
- Kaspersky Safe Kids
- You may opt to purchase/subscribe any one pass or both passes via Maxis App, Hotlink Postpaid App, Hotlink App and/or on our website here.
- You will receive a subscription confirmation via SMS with activation keys and a link to download the Kaspersky app.
- You can only purchase/ subscribe to one (1) Maxis Internet Security Pass for each registered MSISDN.
- You agree that we are entitle to terminate your Maxis Internet Security Pass at any time without liability and without compensation if any of the following occurs:-
- Your existing eligible plan is terminated for any reason whatsoever; or
- Subject to clause 14, you have decided to change your existing eligible plan to a plan which is non-eligible for Maxis Internet Security; or
- You port out to another service provider.
Eligibility, Use, Limitations And Restrictions Of The SaaS Service
- This SaaS Service is open to all Maxis postpaid customers (excluding Maxis Fibre Internet), Hotlink Postpaid and Hotlink prepaid customers (excluding Hotlink Tourist SIM) who are:
- citizens or permanent residents of Malaysia;
- at least 18 years of age; and
- at all times also be an existing subscriber of any Maxis postpaid plan, Hotlink postpaid plan or prepaid plan.
- This SaaS Service is strictly for access in Malaysia only.
- For clarity, the Content and/or Third Party Content provided via Maxis Internet Security are contents subject to intellectual property rights belonging to either Maxis or third party service provider.
- By activating and/or using Maxis Internet Security SaaS service, you accept that there are specific service terms and conditions governing the use of the service are as set out by the third party service provider on the Third Party Sites, which you can access through our website here.
- The SaaS Service is non-transferable, whether by operation of law or otherwise, either to any other person, entity or account.
- Maxis Internet Security is provided “as is” and “as available” basis. We do not warrant the continuity, uninterruptible and/or error-free of the Maxis Internet Security SaaS Service, whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness, and non-infringement with respect to the SaaS Service.
- By subscribing to the Maxis Internet Security, you acknowledge and agree that Maxis shall not in any manner whatsoever be liable for any discontinuity, interruption and/or any error arising from the SaaS Service and/or usage of the SaaS Service. You agree that you are solely responsible for the use and/or any third parties use of the SaaS Service (including all software, equipment, devices and documentation) and the content of all communications facilitated by the SaaS Service.
Commencement, Subscription Duration and Charges
- Maxis Internet Security Pass shall commence from the activation date of the Maxis Internet Security Pass (“Commencement Date”).
- Subject to clauses 24 and 25, the subscription duration for Maxis Internet Security Pass shall be for a minimum period of one-year (12 months) from the Commencement Date (“Minimum Term”). Your subscription will be automatically renewed into the 30-day bundle passes upon the expiry of the Minimum Term.
- Depending on your selection of the applicable option under this SSTC, you will be charged for the use of the Maxis Internet Security at the applicable rates and duration as stated and published from time to time on our website here.
- Charges displayed do not include all applicable taxes.
- Maxis reserves the rights in its sole and absolute discretion to vary, change, postpone, suspend, cancel, or re-schedule the Maxis Internet Security (including the subscription fee and applicable charges) from time to time.
Things We May Do To The Service
- We reserve the rights at any time, without being liable to you or any third party, to interrupt, bar, suspend, restrict the SaaS Service for such time as we see fit or terminate, discontinue or disconnect the SaaS Service if your usage:
- shows excessive usage or placing unusual burdens on our Network;
- is for unlawful activities or for suspected fraudulent activities;
- is for commercial/non-personal purposes; or
- other terms and conditions specified in this SSTC.
- You will be disqualified from use of the Service or Service may be suspended or terminated at the sole discretion of Maxis if you fail to comply with this SSTC, GTC and Agreement, rules, regulations, instructions, or methods.
Unsubscribing from Maxis Internet Security Pass
- Subject to this SSTC, you may at any time unsubscribe from Maxis Internet Security by visiting here.
- You agree and acknowledge that the ownership of the software licensing of this SaaS Service lies with Kaspersky Lab, and the terms and conditions of such software license are set out in our service provider for Kaspersky, Gogopass Asia Sdn Bhd’s End-User License Agreement available here and here.
- The software license that you purchase from us for the SaaS Service under this SSTC cannot be renewed at a discounted rate on Kaspersky Lab’s or any of its partners’ websites. We will not offer the Maxis Internet Security Pass for more than one (1) year at discounted rate.
- For assistance and inquiries, please call customer support at 123 to contact one of our representatives.