Service Specific Terms & Conditions (“SSTC”) – Message Plus
Version [14 Dec 2015]
- The Service: Message Plus SMS Services
- You: the person subscribed to the Service
- The use of the Service is subject to the General Terms & Conditions (“GTC”), Service Specific Terms & Conditions (“SSTC”), Maxis Fair Usage Policy (www.maxis.com.my/FUP) and any other applicable terms and conditions, all at www.maxis.com.my/terms-conditions/personal/ or www.hotlink.com.my/tnc)
- Capitalised terms herein have the same meaning as defined in the GTC.
- Any conflict or inconsistency between this SSTC, the GTC and Summary Terms and Conditions (“STC”), shall be construed in the following order of precedence: (a) SSTC; (b) GTC; and (c) STC.
- We reserve the rights without liability, to revise this SSTC, Plan(s) and our pricing. Where reasonably practicable, we will give you reasonable advance notice of such changes and all previous versions of our user guides or leaflets will be superseded. You accept you are responsible for regularly reviewing information on the plan(s) and Service at www.maxis.com.my/tnc or www.hotlink.com.my/tnc, including changes to the Agreement. Your continued use of the Service and/or plan(s) (after the Effective Date of any revision/change to the terms and conditions of Service and/or plan(s)) shall constitute unconditional acceptance by you of such revisions/changes and you shall be bound by the same. If you do not accept such revisions/changes, you may deactivate or discontinue using the plan(s) and/or the Service, failing which you are assumed to have accepted the changes.
- To use, preview, download and/or subscribe for the Service, you will have to be a subscriber of our postpaid or prepaid (Hotlink) services.
- The Service is a platform that allows you to use the auto-reply SMS, blacklist SMS and copy SMS services. Auto-reply service allows pre-defined text SMS messages to be auto-replied when you receive a SMS from another Maxis subscriber. Blacklist SMS service allows you to block other Maxis subscribers from sending SMS’ to you. Copy SMS service allows you to forward SMS’ from another Maxis subscriber to an email address or to any subscriber.
This Service is not phone dependent, is subject to a monthly service charge and normal SMS charges applying.
- We reserve the rights to reveal the use of the blacklist service to any 3rd party in the event of any enquiry and/or complaint such as where you do not receive any SMS sent from the said 3rd parties.
- You are reminded that any blocking of SMS’ from a short code series does not tantamount to stopping or terminating the relevant service. You are responsible for stopping the relevant service and we shall not be responsible for any charges incurred by you as a result of your failure to terminate or stop the relevant service.
- If you are a postpaid subscriber, you are ineligible for this Service if you owe us any payments.
- The Service is inapplicable to you if you are a commercial user and/or bulk subscriber.
- You will be charged weekly for the use of the Service as well as for SMS usage(s) at the applicable rates stated and published from time to time on our website at www.maxis.com.my or www.hotlink.com.my . Charges displayed do not include all applicable taxes and SST.
- The rates applicable for the Message Plus SMS service will be dependent on the usage of SMS’ by you.
Things we may do to the Service
- We reserve the rights at any time, without being liable to you or any third party, to interrupt, bar, suspend, restrict the Service for such time as we see fit or terminate, discontinue or disconnect the Service if your usage:
- shows excessive usage or placing unusual burdens on our Network;
- is for unlawful activities or for suspected fraudulent activities;
- is not in accordance with the Maxis Fair Usage Policy (at www.maxis.com.my/FUP); or
- is for commercial/non-personal purposes.
- The rates published on our website do not account for usages while on an overseas roaming network. Whilst roaming overseas, the prevailing data roaming charges at https://www.maxis.com.my/lifestyle/roaming-idd/international-roaming/ apply.
Activation or Deactivation
- Subject to our GTC, you may at any time activate or deactivate the Service via SMS to 21000.