Service Specific Terms & Conditions (“SSTC”) – Jaringan Prihatin Program
Version [5 May 2021]
- The Jaringan Prihatin Program (“Program”) is an initiative by the Government of Malaysia (“GOM”) under Budget 2021 whereby GOM has allocated fund to disburse telecommunication subsidy (“Telco Subsidy”) through the telecommunication service provider to the Qualified Persons. The Qualified Persons are defined as the primary applicant of the Bantuan Prihatin Rakyat through the data provided by the LHDN.
- GOM has identified and approved selected data package (“GOM Approved Data Package”) that will be offered by the telecommunication service provider.
- The Telco Subsidy under the Program is subjected to availability of funds by GOM.
- Maxis and Hotlink products that has been approved as part of the GOM Approved Data Package pursuant to the Program are stated as follows:
- All Maxis and Hotlink rate plan (“Plan(s)”) available as at 5 May 2021 and subsequent Plan(s) as may be approved thereafter under the Program;
- The Offers (“Offer(s)”) refers to the subsidies options that is offered by Maxis and Hotlink to the Qualified Persons as stated in Clause 18.
- You: Qualified Person(s) signing up for the Plan(s) and Offer(s), be it existing or new Maxis’ customer.
- The Plan(s), Offer(s) and our Service(s) are subject to the General Terms & Conditions ("GTC") at https://www.maxis.com.my/en/terms-conditions/personal/general/maxis-consumer/ and https://www.hotlink.com.my/en/terms-conditions/hotlink/personal-hotlink-prepaid/general/general-tnc/, this Service Specific Terms & Conditions ("SSTC"), Maxis Fair Usage Policy and any other applicable terms and conditions, all at https://www.maxis.com.my/en/terms-conditions/ and https://www.hotlink.com.my/en/terms-conditions/hotlink/.
- Capitalised terms herein have the same meaning as defined in the GTC.
- Any conflict or inconsistency between this SSTC, the GTC and Summary Terms and Conditions ("STC"), shall be construed in the following order of precedence: (a) SSTC; (b) GTC; and (c) STC.
- We reserve the rights without liability, to revise this SSTC, Plan(s) and our pricing. Where reasonably practicable, we will give you reasonable advance notice of such changes and all previous versions of our leaflets will be superseded. You accept you are responsible for regularly reviewing the information on the Plan(s), Service(s), offers at www.maxis.com.my/jaringanprihatin, including changes to the Agreement. Your continued use of the Service(s) and/or Plan(s) (after the Effective Date of any revision/change to the terms and conditions of Agreement, Services and/or Plan(s)) shall constitute unconditional acceptance by you of such revisions/changes and you shall be bound by the same. If you do not accept such revisions/changes, you may discontinue using the Plan(s) and/or the Service(s), failing which you are assumed to have accepted the changes.
Registration Period and Program Period
- Registration period: 5th May 2021 – 31st July 2021.
- Program period: 5th May 2021 – 31st July 2022.
Eligibility and the Telco Subsidy
- The Program is open for Malaysians who are Qualified Persons as identified and determined by the GOM.
- Maxis is not responsible and not liable for any dispute for determination of Qualified Person under the Program.
- You are ineligible for the Offer(s) if you owe us any payments.
- Each Qualified Person is only allowed to register the Program for one (1) Offer per NRIC.
- You must register for the Program within the Program registration period to be able to start claiming the Telco Subsidy from Maxis. Your registration, claim and receipt of the Telco Subsidy under the Program are strictly limited with one (1) telecommunication service provider at any point in time.
- Your Maxis account must be active to claim the Program Telco Subsidy.
Our Offer(s)under Jaringan Prihatin Program
- Under the Program and subject to this SSTC, you may choose one (1) of the following Maxis’ Offer(s):
|Offer(s)||Category 1: For those eligible Qualified Persons without children||Category 2: For those eligible Qualified Persons with children below 18 years old|
|1||Hotlink Prepaid Credit Subsidy||RM180 (RM15 x 12 months) and free 2GB 1 hour everyday|
|2||Hotlink Postpaid Bill Subsidy||RM180 (RM15 x 12 months) and free 2GB 1 hour everyday|
|3||Maxis Postpaid Bill Subsidy||RM180 (RM15 x 12 months) and free 2GB 1 hour everyday|
|4||Hotlink Postpaid Mobile Device Subsidy||Additional RM180 off mobile device price and free 2GB 1 hour everyday||Additional RM300 off mobile device price and free 2GB 1 hour everyday|
Hotlink Prepaid Credit Subsidy
- Hotlink Prepaid Credit Subsidy can only be utilized when purchasing selected 30-day internet passes (exclude HotlinkMU passes).
- You may claim RM15 once in a calendar month for up to 12 months (total RM180) within the Program period.
- All unused Hotlink Prepaid Credit Subsidy will automatically expire at the end of every calendar month.
- Your account must be active to claim Hotlink Prepaid Credit Subsidy.
Hotlink Postpaid Bill Subsidy and Maxis Postpaid Bill Subsidy
- You are required to perform a one-time claim to receive Hotlink Postpaid Bill Subsidy/ Maxis Bill Subsidy. Subsequent subsidies are automatically credited to your account.
- You will receive RM15 subsidy for up to 12 months (total RM180) within the Program period. The subsidies are automatically credited to your account and you would be able to see from your postpaid bill.
- You must have an active account to receive Hotlink Postpaid Bill Subsidy/ Maxis Bill Subsidy.
Hotlink Postpaid Device Subsidy
- Hotlink Postpaid Device Subsidy is subjected to SSTC of Maxis Device Contract at https://www.hotlink.com.my/en/terms-conditions/hotlink/postpaid/plans-services/maxis-device-contract/ and has either 12 months or 24 months commitment period.
- The Hotlink Postpaid Mobile Device Subsidy will be reflected in your registration form.
- Maxis reserve the right to forfeit, cancel and/or charge back the Hotlink Postpaid Mobile Device Subsidy (as the case may be) in the manner that we deem fit if you register the Program and claim the Hotlink Postpaid Mobile Device Subsidy with other service provider after we disburse the Hotlink Postpaid Mobile Device Subsidy to you.
Free 2GB 1 hour data everyday
- Free 2GB is valid for 1 hour data every day from time of claim and is available during the Program period, up to 12 months.
- Free 2GB 1 hour data needs to be claimed every day.
- Free 2GB 1 hour data is only provided to those Qualified Person registered to the Program and successfully claim the Telco Subsidy for Hotlink/Maxis Plan(s) or Offer(s).
- Hotlink Prepaid subscribers must have an active 30-day internet pass to enjoy free 2GB 1 hour data.
- All subscribers must have an active account to enjoy the free 2GB 1 hour data.
- In the event that your account is suspended or barred by Maxis or Hotlink for any reason whatsoever, you will not be able to claim the free 2GB 1 hour until the next successful claim of the Telco Subsidy.
Transfer or switch of Telco Subsidy between the Service Provider
- All request of transferring the Telco Subsidies (except Hotlink Postpaid Mobile Device Offer) under the Program is subjected to the approval of theGOM.
- For more information on how to transfer Telco Subsidy, refer to our FAQ maxis.com.my/en/jp-faq.
- By applying and registering for Telco Subsidy under the Program with us, you acknowledge that Maxis Group Privacy Notice at https://www.maxis.com.my/en/privacy-notice/ will apply to you and you have read, understand and consent to the terms of Maxis Group Privacy Notice.
Things we may do to the Plan(s)/ Offer
- A subscriber who is register for Hotlink Postpaid Mobile Device Subsidy RM300 is not allowed to register for Hotlink Postpaid Mobile Device Subsidy RM180, vice versa.
- Once you have registered for either Hotlink Prepaid Credit Subsidy, Hotlink Postpaid Bill Subsidy or Maxis Postpaid Bill Subsidy, you are not allowed to switch to Hotlink Postpaid Mobile Device Subsidy.
- We reserve the rights at any time without being liable to you or any third party to interrupt, bar, suspend, restrict the Plan(s), Offer(s) and Service(s) for such time as we see fit or terminate, discontinue or disconnect the Plan and Service(s) if your usage:
- shows excessive usage or placing unusual burdens on the network;
- is for unlawful activities or for suspected fraudulent activities;
- is not in accordance with the Maxis Fair Usage Policy (at www.hotlink.com.my/FUP); and/or
- is for commercial/non-personal purposes.
- In the unlikely circumstances if Maxis is not able to or fail to claim the reimbursement of the Telco Subsidy from the GOM, Maxis reserves the right to reverse or claw back the subsidies already given to you with appropriate notice.