Service Specific Terms & Conditions (“SSTC”) – WIRED INTERNET SERVICE (ADSL)
Version [14 Dec 2015]
- The Product: comprises of Maxis Wired Internet Service
- You: Person(s) signing up for the Product.
- The Product and use of the Service(s) is subject to the General Terms & Conditions (“GTC”), Service Specific Terms & Conditions (“SSTC”), Maxis Fair Usage Policy and any other applicable terms and conditions, all at www.maxis.com.my/FUP and www.maxis.com.my/terms-conditions/personal/
- Capitalised terms herein have the same meaning as defined in the GTC.
- Any conflict or inconsistency between this SSTC, the GTC and Summary Terms and Conditions (“STC”), shall be construed in the following order of precedence: (a) SSTC; (b) GTC; and (c) STC.
- We reserve the rights without liability, to revise this SSTC, Product and our pricing. Where reasonably practicable, we will give you reasonable advance notice of such changes and all previous versions of our user guides or leaflets will be superseded. You accept you are responsible for regularly reviewing information on the Product, plan(s) and Service(s) at www.maxis.com.my/terms-conditions/personal/), including changes to the Agreement. Your continued use of the Service(s), Product and/or plan(s) (after the Effective Date of any revision/change to the terms and conditions of Agreement, Services and/or plan(s)) shall constitute unconditional acceptance by you of such revisions/changes and you shall be bound by the same. If you do not accept such revisions/changes, you will terminate the plan(s) and/or the use of the Services by giving us notice within 28 days from the Effective Date failing which you are assumed to have accepted the changes.
Availability of Service(s)
- The Product is only available in certain coverage areas. Call 1800 82 1123 or log onto https://www.maxis.com.my/en/personal/internet/wired-internet.html to check if you are within the Product coverage area. Speed is on a best efforts basis. We reserve the rights to manage your speed should you exceed the stipulated data volume quota.
- We will endeavour to call you within 7 days of your application for the Product to inform you of our acceptance or rejection of your application. Provision of the Product is at our sole discretion.
- Upon acceptance of your application and your registration for the Product, we may install the Product within seven (7) days of our acceptance or a date as stated by us.
- You are ineligible for the Product if you have any outstanding payments with us.
- This Product is inapplicable to you if you are a commercial user and/or bulk subscriber.
- The provision of Service(s) is contingent on your Premises being ready and having a termination point within the Premises.
- The applicable Charges and rate table guide for the Product & Service(s) is as set out on our official website at www.maxis.com.my/fibre . Charges displayed do not include all applicable taxes and GST.
Duration of Services
- The Service(s) commences on the date of successful onsite installation of the Equipment at your Premises or such other date as may be stated in the Registration Form or otherwise approved by us in writing.
- The Service(s) will continue until terminated in accordance with this SSTC.
Minimum Period of Service(s)
- This Maxis Wired Internet Service is for a minimum contract period of 12 months from the commencement date of the Service(s) (as per Clause 13 above and is applicable in respect of the 1, 2, 4 & 8 Mbps packages.
- A termination charge of RM300 applies when you terminate the Wired Internet Service before the end of the 12 months period.
Deposit & Billing
- A deposit of RM300 is chargeable for non-Malaysians subscribing for the Service(s).
- You may receive a bill for each Service subscribed for in the package (up to 2 bills). Non-payment for any one of the Service(s) package may result in suspension or barring of all the Services until the outstanding amount is paid.
Installation of Service(s)
- You consent for us and/or our agents gaining access to your Premises, with prior notice to you, to place our Equipment and install the Product in your Premises.
- The Product will be installed at the address you provide us. You must provide us prior notice if you are relocating to other Premises. Any such relocation will be subject to our Maxis Wired Internet Service coverage area. We may terminate the Product with notice to you if the Product cannot be provided at your relocated Premises.
- You will receive a call from us 1 day before your installation appointment date and time; and installation of the Product will take approximately 2 hours.
- A one-time installation fee of RM100 for standard installation is payable for the Product. The installation fee may be subject to change from time to time (as updated on www.maxis.com.my/fibre)
- The Equipment (modem) you receive belongs to you and comes with a warranty period of 12 months (warranty is only for manufacturing defects). If there is any damage or loss of the said Equipment, you may purchase another unit from us.
- Please call 1800 82 1123 or 123 from your Maxis Mobile Phone for assistance on technical issues.
Additional Features & Requirements
- We reserve the rights to introduce and deliver new Service(s) under the Product from Maxis. You may subscribe to such new or additional Service(s) from us by way of a request and the relevant Service(s) terms and conditions shall be deemed to be accepted by you upon your acceptance and/or usage of such new and/or additional Service(s).
- All value added services offered with relevant plans or packages will be available to you when you subscribe to the Product.
- To terminate the Product, you may visit any Maxis Centre.
- For any planned interruption of Service(s), adequate notice will be provided via a notice published on our official website and/or other modes of communication as deemed appropriate by us.