Service Specific Terms & Conditions (“SSTC”) – Maxis TV
Version [10th February 2021]
- Maxis TV is a service provided by Maxis in collaboration with third party video streaming service providers which contains:
- websites and/or mobile applications owned, operated or provided by third parties (“Third Party Sites”); and
- material, channels and programmes (including any advertisements therein), and all content (whether visual, audio, video or otherwise) contained in or made available through Third Party Sites (“Content” or “Third Party Content”).
- You: Person(s) signing up/subscribing for the Service.
- The use of the Service is subject to the General Terms & Conditions (“GTC”), this Service Specific Terms & Conditions (“SSTC”), Maxis Fair Usage Policy (https://www.maxis.com.my/terms-conditions/personal/general/maxis-fair-usage-policy/), and any other applicable terms and conditions, all at (https://www.maxis.com.my/terms-conditions/personal/ and https://www.hotlink.com.my/en/terms-conditions/hotlink/).
- Capitalised terms herein have the same meaning as defined in the GTC.
- Any conflict or inconsistency between this SSTC, the GTC and Summary Terms and Conditions (“STC”), shall be construed in the following order of precedence: (a) SSTC; (b) GTC; and (c) STC.
- We reserve the rights without liability, to revise this SSTC, Service and our pricing. Where reasonably practicable, we will give you reasonable advance notice of such changes and all previous versions of our user guides or leaflets will be superseded. You accept you are responsible for regularly reviewing information on the Service, plan(s) or packages at https://www.maxis.com.my/terms-conditions/personal/ and https://www.hotlink.com.my/en/terms-conditions/hotlink/personal-hotlink-prepaid/general/general-tnc/, including changes to the Agreement. Your continued use of the Service and/or plan(s) or packages (after the Effective Date of any revision/change to the terms and conditions of Services and/or plan(s) or packages) shall constitute unconditional acceptance by you of such revisions/changes and you shall be bound by the same. If you do not accept such revisions/changes, you may discontinue using the plan(s) and/or the Service, failing which you are assumed to have accepted the changes.
- In addition, you acknowledge and agree that your access and/or use of the Service shall be subject to, and you shall review, accept and comply with, such terms and conditions (including any end user licence agreements) as may be applicable to such Third Party Sites and/or Third Party Content. You shall be solely responsible for any provision or submission of information by or on behalf of you on or through any Third Party Site and you further acknowledge and agree that Third Party Sites are not under Maxis’s control and Maxis shall not be responsible to the contents or functionality of any Third Party Site.
Eligibility, Use, Features And Restrictions Of The Service
- This Service is open to all Maxis postpaid, Hotlink Postpaid and prepaid mobile customers (excluding Hotlink Tourist SIM) who are (i) citizens or permanent residents of Malaysia; (ii) at least 18 years of age; and (iii) shall at all times also be the subscriber of existing or supplementary Maxis/ Hotlink postpaid plan or prepaid plan for the purpose of obtaining the Service.
- This Service is strictly for access in Malaysia only.
- You shall at all times not be in arrears of any payments due to any of Maxis’s Service(s) (including the Maxis TV’s Service).
- For clarity, the Content and/or Third Party Content provided via Maxis TV are contents subject to intellectual property rights belonging to either Maxis or third party video streaming service providers. Except as expressly set out in this SSTC, you acknowledge that you acquire no rights in and/or over any aspect of the Content of Maxis TV including the intellectual property rights related thereto. You shall not, and shall not allow any other person to, copy, reproduce, distribute or create derivative works of any content without the prior written authorization of Maxis or the lawful owner of the relevant intellectual property rights.
- You will be disqualified from use of the Service or Service may be suspended or terminated at the sole discretion of Maxis if you fail to comply with this SSTC, GTC and Agreement, rules, regulations, instructions or methods.
- By activating and/or using the Service, you accept:-
- the specific service terms and conditions governing the use of the Service are as set out by the third party video streaming service providers on its respective websites, which you can access through our website at http://maxis.com.my/maxistv/ or http://hotlink.com.my/maxistv/ or https://tv.maxis.com.my/.
- that there are minimum requirements including but not limited to operating system, office client, and browser requirements as may be stipulated by us or by third party video streaming service providers (from time to time as may be notified via our website or mobile application) which must be met in order for you to utilize the Service.
- We do not guarantee the availability or continuity of the Maxis TV Service at all times in all locations. Availability, delivery methods and pricing may depend on geographical location and a range of other factors, including poor weather, equipment malfunction or interference on Third Party Sites, which are beyond Maxis’ control.
- The Service is non-transferable, whether by operation of law or otherwise, either to any other person, entity or account.
- We do not warrant the continuity, uninterruptible and/or error-free of the Service . By subscribing to the Service, you acknowledge and agree that Maxis shall not in any manner whatsoever be liable for any discontinuity, interruption and/or any error arising from the Service and/or usage of the Service.
- To view Maxis TV, you agree that you have to launch Third Party Sites operated by third party video streaming service providers through their app on your mobile device.
- You will be charged for the use of the Service at the applicable rates stated and published from time to time on our website at https://tv.maxis.com.my/. Charges displayed do not include all applicable taxes.
- Maxis reserves the rights in its sole and absolute discretion to vary, change, postpone, suspend, cancel, or re-schedule the Service (including the subscription fee and applicable charges) from time to time.
Things We May Do To The Service
- We reserve the rights at any time, without being liable to you or any third party, to interrupt, bar, suspend, restrict the Service for such time as we see fit or terminate, discontinue or disconnect the Service if your usage:
- shows excessive usage or placing unusual burdens on our Network;
- is for unlawful activities or for suspected fraudulent activities;
- is not in accordance with the Maxis TV third party video streaming service providers’ terms and conditions, this SSTC and Agreement;
- is for commercial/non-personal purposes; or
- other terms and conditions specified in this SSTC.
Cancellation of Subscription and Termination of Service
- Subject to our GTC, you may at any time unsubscribe from the Service or terminate the Service at Maxis TV website at https://tv.maxis.com.my.
- Maxis reserves the right and discretion to terminate the Service or your Maxis TV pass if any of the following occurs:
- You fail to make full payment of Maxis TV Service to us; or
- You change your existing plan to a plan which is non-eligible for Maxis TV Service; or
- You port out of Maxis/Hotlink to another service provider; or
- You unsubscribed to your Maxis TV subscription plan.
- Upon the cancellation of the subscription of Service or termination of the Service for any reason, your right to access to the Content and use of the Service shall cease on and from the date of termination, and any or all sums due, or accruing due or payable to us up to and including the date of termination shall immediately become due and payable to us.
Maxis TV Pass
- You have the option to purchase Maxis TV pass, comprising standalone pass or multi-passes, whether unlimited data or limited data, which contains allocated data to stream videos or view specific Content of Maxis TV as determined by Maxis from time to time. Maxis TV pass is available via Maxis App, Hotlink Postpaid App, Hotlink App and our official website (either maxis.com.my/maxistv or hotlink.com.my/ or https://tv.maxis.com.my/).
- When you have used up the data quota from Maxis TV pass (including the unlimited data pass), all subsequent streaming data usage will draw from your existing Maxis/Hotlink’s internet plan.
- All Maxis TV passes (including the unlimited pass) are subject to Maxis Fair Usage Policy (https://www.maxis.com.my/terms-conditions/personal/general/maxis-fair-usage-policy/), to ensure that the activities of some users do not impact the ability of other users to have access to reliable Service, fair usage policy of 100GB above the plan allocated data is applicable on. When the monthly usage exceeds 100GB GB (over & above plan allocated data), data usage will be drawn from your existing Maxis/ Hotlink’s plan allocated data.
- From 4th of February 2021, you can purchase multi passes from Maxis TV website at http://maxis.com.my/maxistv/ or http://hotlink.com.my/maxistv/ or https://tv.maxis.com.my/ using your Mobile Number.
- Usages from Maxis TV pass is only for domestic usage.
- Free trial on Maxis TV is applicable to new Maxis TV subscriber for a period of one (1) month only, be it standalone pass or multi-passes, which will be automatically renewed to a paid subscription at the end of the free trial period. You may choose to terminate your free trial subscription at any time before your renewal date to avoid any charges.
- You are not allowed to purchase a Maxis TV multi-pass if you have an active single standalone pass. You will need to wait for your standalone pass to expire or unsubscribe the standalone pass in order to purchase any of the multi-pass.
- While using Maxis TV pass, you acknowledge that there are some shared resources between Maxis TV third party video streaming service providers and other Third Party Sites and Third Party Content which would result browsing usage that may be drawn from your Maxis TV allocated data, which would otherwise have been drawn from your existing Maxis/ Hotlink’s plan allocated data.