Maxis Business grows Cloud offerings with Back-Up-As-A-Service powered by Commvault
- Maxis is the first Cloud Service Provider in Malaysia to offer a comprehensive BaaS solution from Commvault
- Customers will have the peace of mind with the unique solution through BaaS delivery that operates on a zero-trust model and offers ransomware protection
- Maxis brings together the best technologies to enable business to Always be Ahead in a changing world
With cybersecurity becoming high up on the agenda in today’s environment, storage and data protection has become a priority for many businesses. Maxis is now the first Cloud Service Provider to offer a comprehensive Back-up as a Service (BaaS) in Malaysia, further strengthening its leadership in converged solutions. The enterprise-proven data backup and recovery solution is a cloud-native and agile solution, making it easy to employ as it is managed by Commvault and stored in Microsoft Azure cloud. It is the first of several other data protection services that Maxis will be launching together with Commvault, a global leader in data and information management.
“Through this unique offering, we want to give our customers the peace of mind that their data is safeguarded and compliant with industry standards. The Maxis BaaS doesn’t require any startup investment or purchase of hardware, making it affordable so our customers can digitally transform their business cost-efficiently. As a leading converged solutions provider, our goal is to provide end-to-end services so our customer can always be ahead in a changing world,” said Claire Featherstone, Maxis’ Head of Enterprise Practices.
“Commvault BaaS offerings are designed to seamlessly backup, store, and recover data on the cloud and Maxis is one of the best-in-class managed service providers in Malaysia. Today’s announcement combines the best of enterprise cloud technology with the best managed service provider to help organizations accelerate their journey into the cloud without additional complexities or governance risks. I am looking forward to this partnership as we jointly bring enterprise-class, proven data protection through SaaS delivery to our customers in Malaysia.” said Rachel Ler, Vice-President & General Manager, Commvault APJ.
BaaS packages offered by Maxis:
- Office 365 BaaS provides total protection across Microsoft programs such as SharePoint, OneDrive, Exchange, Teams, Groups and Project Online. Any documents or emails can be recovered if there is an accidental deletion, security threats such as ransomware or retention policy gaps.
- Endpoint BaaS enables users to fully customize automatic backups for laptops and desktops through bandwidth optimization. Users can also prevent unauthorized access to data on their devices through file-level security. For example, if an anomaly is detected, users can remotely wipe the file before any breach.
Commvault is a nine straight time leader of the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Data Center Backup and Recovery Solutions. The Commvault BaaS solution managed by Maxis is designed with multi-layered security and built on a zero-trust model, to protect against ransomware. It isolates backups from the primary source so that backups are not affected should the source be attacked. Additionally, it also leverages the security of the Microsoft Azure platform.
Commvault offers storage flexibility, is extremely scalable and can be up and running in minutes due to its easy and fast deployment, resulting in reduced management overhead. It is being made available as a subscription model for users having computer devices or subscribing to Microsoft Office 365 applications for world-class data protection whether it is for on-premise, cloud, or even hybrid servers.
Customers who sign up for any of Maxis BaaS packages, will be given a free onboarding by Maxis technical experts and complimentary managed services for the first year. For more information, visit https://business.maxis.com.my/en/cloud/endpoint-office365-backup-as-a-service/.