Service Specific Terms & Conditions (“SSTC”) – MyMaxis App
Version [7 December 2018]
The MyMaxis App Service ("MyMaxis App") is brought to you by Maxis Broadband Sdn Bhd ("Maxis") and provided to you subject to the terms and conditions set out herein. You acknowledge and agree that you have read and fully understood all these terms and conditions.
- MyMaxis App is a self-serve application whereby it allows you to access to your Maxis general account information such as pay bills, purchase mobile internet quota upgrades, etc., through your mobile device & is provided subject to Maxis terms & conditions. These features may be changed by Maxis from time to time and as updated in the MyMaxis App. Please refer to the Maxis website for the latest version of Maxis' terms and conditions. By accessing the MyMaxis App, you agree to be bound by these MyMaxis App terms & conditions (which may be amended from time to time) and the Maxis terms and conditions as mentioned above. To enable us to provide MyMaxis App to you, we will need to process and use your personal information/personal data. You expressly authorize and consent that Maxis may process and use your personal information/personal data for purposes necessary and related to Maxis' provision of MyMaxis App services to you. Further details of Maxis’ use and processing of your personal information/personal data is in accordance with Maxis' Privacy Statement at https://www.maxis.com.my/pdpa, which shall form an integral part of these MyMaxis App terms and conditions. You shall update Maxis as and when your personal information/personal data provided earlier to Maxis becomes incorrect or out of date, through the Maxis Privacy Centre as set out in Maxis' Privacy Statement. "Personal information"/"personal data" includes your information collected from you which is required for purposes of applying and registering for and provision of the MyMaxis App to you, including but not limited to, any sensitive personal data and expression of opinion(s) about you.
- Not all mobile devices support the MyMaxis App. You should check whether your mobile device is compatible before using the Maxis App.
- Certain features of the MyMaxis App may require the input of your email address, password and/or mobile number registered in Maxis' ID application. You are solely responsible for the security, confidentiality & privacy of your email address, password, mobile number & any data or information stored on your mobile device and/or for all the activities related to the MyMaxis App. Maxis will not be liable for any damage, loss or leakage of the data or information resulting from unauthorized use of the MyMaxis App or due to circumstances beyond Maxis' control.
- You agree that all information you provide to Maxis for Maxis ID registration to access the MyMaxis App ("Registration Data") will be true, accurate, complete and current information and that you shall maintain and update the Registration Data as needed throughout the period of your use of the MyMaxis App to keep it accurate and current. Failure to provide accurate, current and complete Registration Data may result in the suspension and/or termination of your access to the MyMaxis App.
- Certain features of the MyMaxis App may require access to location services such as the cellular network & data connection in order to determine an approximate location of your mobile device. You may exercise choices in respect of the features of MyMaxis App as contained in the settings of MyMaxis App. Kindly refer to those features on your mobile application.
- Any data retrieval or re-direction to other websites from the MyMaxis App will incur mobile data charges.
- If you use the MyMaxis App overseas, additional roaming & mobile data charges will apply. For more information on international roaming & charges, please visit https://www.maxis.com.my/lifestyle/roaming-idd/international-roaming/.
- You expressly understand & agree that your use of the MyMaxis App is at your own risk & that the MyMaxis App is provided on an "AS IS" & "AS AVAILABLE" basis & we expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to fitness for a particular purpose & non-infringement and/or that the MyMaxis App will be free from loss, corruption, attack, viruses, interference, hacking or other security intrusion or that the MyMaxis App will be affected by unforeseen circumstances or circumstances beyond Maxis' control.
- Maxis, its related and affiliated corporations shall not be liable to you or your agents for any loss or injury or any direct, indirect, special, exemplary, consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever, whether in contract, negligence or in tort, you and/or any third party may suffer as a result of instructions or transactions transmitted via the MyMaxis App after successful authentication whether or not such usage was authorised by you and/or arising out of or in connection with the MyMaxis App and/or your or any other party's access and/or use of the MyMaxis App.
- You agree to defend, indemnify and hold Maxis, its related and affiliated corporations harmless from any claim or demand, loss and/or damage relating to or arising from:
- your and/or third party (whether or not authorised by you) usage of the MyMaxis App;
- any violation by you of the MyMaxis App terms and conditions; or (c) your violation of any rights of another through your usage of the MyMaxis App.
- Maxis may update or change these MyMaxis App terms & conditions, Maxis ID, and Maxis website from time to time. You are responsible for regularly reviewing the current version of the terms and conditions for the MyMaxis App, Maxis ID, and Maxis website to obtain notice of any such changes. Your continued access into and usage of the MyMaxis App shall be construed as you having accepted all such changes. All matters & disputes will be subject to our final decision.