Frequently Asked Questions
Switch to Maxis Postpaid
You can switch to maxis by following the simple steps below:-
Step 1: Sign up with Maxis and specify that you would like to switch your mobile number to Maxis. Upon successful registration, you will be given a SIM while waiting for your mobile number to be released by your existing service provider;
Step 2: Reply to confirmation SMS from your existing service provider within the specified time; and
Step 3: Insert your Maxis SIM into your phone once your number is successfully switched over.
Tips for smooth switching process:-
- Your personal details register with us are matching with your details with the existing service provider
- You have terminated all your contracts with your existing service provider
- Paid all your overdue or outstanding amount with your existing service provider
- Not blacklisted by any telco service provider
- Reply to any SMS confirmation by your existing service provider within the specified time
You may submit your request to switch your mobile number to Maxis at:
- Maxis Store
- Call us
It will only take 48 business hours time and the disruption to your mobile service will be minimal.
Once your number is successfully switched over, you will notice that your phone signal is lost (previous SIM card). You can change your current SIM card with the new Maxis SIM card just by inserting your new Maxis SIM. Then, you can start using our services as normal.
Need to get in touch with us?
Contact Maxis Customer Service