Maxis forms one of the largest 5G Alliances to accelerate tech breakthroughs
- Maxis 5G Alliance formed to accelerate 5G technology and IoT enterprise solutions in line with national digital agenda
- 16 initial members comprising global and local tech and industry leaders, innovators, and lighthouse customers from diverse industries to leverage ecosystem and unlock value of IR4.0 technologies
- Maxis committed to fostering innovation in the country in line with its purpose to enabling the nation to always be ahead
Committed to playing a key role in supporting the digital ambitions of the nation, Maxis has formed one of the largest 5G alliances in Malaysia to accelerate technology breakthroughs and IoT enterprise solutions. Comprising global and local technology and industry partners, innovators and lighthouse customers from diverse industries. The Alliance will co-create, commercialise and scale 5G use cases and innovative solutions across industries to drive digital transformation and innovation.
“There is no doubt that 5G will bring exciting benefits to individuals, businesses and government in strengthening Malaysia’s competitiveness in the region. At Maxis, we are committed to fostering and investing in innovation in the country and we are proud to have an esteemed group onboard which will enable members to work together to grow and leverage this symbiotic ecosystem to unlock the lucrative value of IR4.0 technologies like IoT, cloud, Edge Computing, VR and AR,” said Paul McManus, Chief Enterprise Business Officer, Maxis.
Maxis 5G Alliance currently has 16 initial members. They include Advantech, Amdocs, CrescoNet (formerly an Intellihub group company), Cisco, Google Cloud, GSMA (APAC 5G Industry Community), Huawei, LLVision, Microsoft, MIMOS, Motorola Solutions, NEC, Omron, Realwear, SAS, and Vodafone. This community is expected to grow as the Maxis 5G Alliance is intended to be an open collaboration across all organisations that can help to turbo charge the adoption and deployment of innovation, that will be enabled through 5G and ubiquitous converged network connectivity. These member organisations are structured according to three streams:
- Technology & Industry Partners – Best-of-breed technology providers that will accelerate the adoption of solutions across key industries by delivering technology platforms, expertise, experience, and support.
- Innovators – Thought leaders, labs, R&D startups, and education institutions that will advance 5G innovation and help explore and stimulate new and exciting potential industry applications.
- Strategic client partners – Industry and business leaders that will advocate innovation and act as Industry lighthouse clients. These key customers will implement and showcase these real-life solutions and the true potential of these new industry solutions and use cases enabled by 5G, IoT, Cloud, Edge Computing and more, underpinned by Maxis’ market leading converged connectivity capabilities, in their respective businesses and industries.
With the diversity of partners within Maxis’ 5G Alliance ecosystem, business customers will benefit from this network through:
- Sell & Grow Programmes – Leverage sales and channel distribution of the 5G Alliance community to drive new business opportunities, penetrate new markets, accelerate sales cycles, and collaborate on joint sales go-to-market activities.
- Engage & Exchange Programmes – Gain insights, advisory and expertise from the ecosystem of experts. Ignite and exchange ideas for specific industries through networking and engagement opportunities with other Alliance members.
- Innovate & Build Programmes – Gain access to tech support, IoT network and platforms, APIs, lab and device certification to co-create and commercialise new solutions, as well as run market validation and pre-commercialisation pilots with strategic partners.
As members of the Alliance, MIMOS will provide access to its 5G and AI Innovation Hub to develop and test use cases, while Maxis will provide an experiential journey by showcasing the use cases at the recently opened, world class Maxis Business Innovation Centre. Through its collaboration with Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), Maxis invites enterprises to trial Multi-access Edge Computing use cases. GSMA will facilitate knowledge transfer and training via its Quarterly Forum and 5G insights.
All solutions and use cases will be powered by Maxis Programmable Network, Malaysia’s most advanced, programmable software-defined network. Maxis will also provide its wide range of converged ICT solutions that cater to the full spectrum of business needs that is fully supported with the right expertise through Professional & Managed services.
For more information about Maxis 5G Alliance and to become a member, please visit https://business.maxis.com.my/en/campaign/5g-alliance