Frequently Asked Questions
Lost or Stolen Phone or SIM
- Contact us — please call us immediately when you know the theft to suspend the service and request to block your phone under Public Cellular Blocking Service (PCBS)*.
- File a police report — If a crime is involved, file a police report immediately. Please provide any information you have, i.e., model, serial number, etc. Ensure that the IMEI number is included in the police report to help the authorities to track your device. Ensure that reactivation of your account is done within 90 days after suspension.
- Replace your SIM Card — Walk in personally to any Maxis Store to replace your SIM card. SIM replacement is an important change. Please bring your MyKad, as we will conduct biometric verification before making amendments. For foreigners, please walk in personally with your passport. A replacement fee of RM10 is applicable.
- Lock the device — If you have the option to lock the device, do so immediately. Both Apple and Android devices can be remotely locked using their respective “Find My” apps. This will prevent anyone from accessing your personal information.
- File for a claim — If you are under our Maxis SafeDevice protection, you can make a claim if your device is stolen. Head on to Safedevice - FAQs | Maxis for more information.
- Contact us — When you know about the theft, please call us immediately to suspend the service.
- Replace your SIM Card — Walk into any Maxis Store to replace your SIM card.
SIM replacement is an important change. Please bring your MyKad, as we will conduct biometric verification before making amendments. For foreigners, please walk in personally with your passport. A replacement fee of RM10 is applicable.
You can use the built-in tracking feature to locate your smartphone if you have a smartphone. You can also use a tracking app or service, such as Find My iPhone (for iOS devices) or Find My Device (for Android devices). Please do not attempt to recover the device alone, as this could endanger you.
If your phone is stolen, immediately change the passwords to any accounts accessible from your device, including email, social media, and banking apps. You may also remotely wipe your phone to erase all your personal data through Find my iPhone (for IOS devices) or Find My Device (for Android devices). If you’re unsure, please don’t hesitate to contact us immediately to block your phone under Public Cellular Blocking Service (PCBS)*.
Keep an eye on and monitor your accounts and credit reports for any suspicious activity or unauthorised transactions. If you notice anything unusual, report it immediately.
Under Public Cellular Blocking Service, you may request Maxis to block your lost phone in case of theft or loss if you are a Maxis subscriber and the particular phone was used on Maxis Mobile. Please refer to Public Cellular Blocking Service (PCBS)* for more information.
You will continue to pay for the remainder of your Zerolution installments.
Please call us to suspend the service and we will help you to block the stolen device. If you have Maxis SafeDevice, we’ve got you covered. You can request a replacement with a police report, just call our Hotline at 1800-88-6888 (Mon-Sun 9:00 am-6:30 pm) or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need to get in touch with us?
Contact Maxis Customer Service