Trouble Shooting for Mesh WiFi
How do I change the SSID or Wi-Fi name?
You can change the SSID or Wi-Fi name by using the mesh WiFi app.
What do I do if my connection is showing offline?
An offline connection can be caused by many things. Here are a few simple steps to follow to resolve this problem:
1. Turn everything off and back on again and make sure all devices are power up fully, and then wait for about 3-5 minutes.
2. Make sure the wireless on the client devices you’re trying to connect is turned on and that it isn’t in Airplane mode.
3. Make sure you are not too far away from the mesh WiFi. Try moving closer, even in the same room as one of the mesh WiFi, and check again.
Why is my 5GHz LED is in the red light, what should I do?
If the 5GHz LED is blinking red, the unit is not in the Wi-Fi coverage to any of the other mesh WiFi. If the 5GHz is stable red, the unit is having a weak connection to the mesh WiFi in the area. Try to relocate the unit to the nearest mesh WiFi.
Is it ok if my mesh WiFi feels warm?
Yes, the devices are expected to get warm when they are turned on and while operating but please ensure your mesh WiFi is operating at an optimal temperature, by :
- Place your mesh WiFi out in the open space.
- Don’t cover your mesh WiFi with other objects.
- Avoid placing your mesh WiFi near excessive heat or direct sunlight.
- Avoid placing your mesh WiFi on soft surfaces.
- Use the power adapter that is provided in your mesh WiFi package.
Find answers from our FAQ or contact Maxis Customer Service via these channels.
Chat with Us
WhatsApp us for assistance.
We're only a phone call away.
Send us a tweet and we'll get back to you.
Find a store
Walk into a Maxis Store near you for help.