Improve My WiFi Performance
How can I improve my WiFi Performance?
Here some tips for better WiFi performance,
1. Ensure your router is placed in an open area and away from elecyronic devices and obsturctions.
2. Choose the right WiFi band based on your home coverage areas.
3. Updgrade to a higher plan for faster speed when you have more than 10 devices connected to simultaneously.
4. Imporeve WiFi coverage with Mesh WiFi.
5. Restart your router at least once a month for optimum performance
6. Choose the right connection.
Tip: Use a wired connection to your router if you're using high bandwidth applications eg. gaming or large file transfers.
7. Always-on internet. Ensure the 4G back-up dongle is always connected to your router for continuous WiFi.
8. Use the "Test My Home WiFi" diagnostic tool to analyse, troubleshoot and optimise your WiFi.
9. Ensure that cables are correctly connected.
10. If you need to change your WiFi Password, here's how:
a. Key in http://192.168.1.254
Ensure you're connected to the WiFi
b. Key in username and password.
c. Select Wireless 2.4Ghz.
d. Enter your preferred username & password and click Save. Repeat the step to change password for Wireless 5Hhz.
Find answers from our FAQ or contact Maxis Customer Service via these channels.
Chat with Us
WhatsApp us for assistance.
We're only a phone call away.
Send us a tweet and we'll get back to you.
Find a store
Walk into a Maxis Store near you for help.