Frequently Asked Questions
Maxis Unlimited Postpaid & Fibre
The new Maxis Unlimited Postpaid & Fibre allows you to enjoy a list of benefits for you and your family when you combine ANY Maxis Postpaid (RM98 and above) and ANY Maxis Fibre plan (RM89 and above).
Benefits that you and your whole family get to enjoy:
- Unlimited Mobile Data for up to 5 lines – Your principal line and all your Share Lines tied to your principal line will enjoy unlimited mobile data.
- Uninterrupted Home Fibre Internet - Your Home Fibre now comes with a 4G Backup that will automatically turns on whenever your Home Fibre is interrupted.
- LATEST mobile phones and home connected devices at RM0 upfront payment and pay for your devices over 24 monthly payments at 0% interest.
- Unlimited internet quota for Home Broadband with a FREE Wireless Router
- Optional: 4G backup USB Dongle worth RM400 with 4G SIM card to be used as only backup when your home fibre is having service interruption
Maxis Unlimited Postpaid & Fibre offers unlimited data on mobile and fibre. To ensure better experience for all users, excessive and abusive data usage is subjected to Fair Usage Policy.
If the combined mobile data usage of your principal line, your shared lines and your Maxis 4G Backup exceed 300GB in a month, Maxis may at its absolute discretion to limit the speed of video streaming & regular browsing.
To know more about the Fair Usage Policy (FUP) for all services, click here.
For more details on Maxis Fibre plans, click here.
The price of Maxis Unlimited Postpaid & Fibre plan is a combination of what you are paying for existing Maxis Postpaid (98, 128, 158, 188) and the Maxis Fibre (30Mbps, 100Mbps, 300Mbps, 500Mbps, 800Mbps).
Existing mobile customer (who is converting existing line to Maxis Unlimited Postpaid & Fibre)
- No advance payment or deposit required.
- If you are not an existing Maxis customers; you have to be 18 years and above and must meet our credit requirements.- Advance payment of one month of your mobile commitment plan may be applicable.- RM300 deposit is applicable for foreigners.
All Consumer Individuals, Corporate and SME Individual would be able to sign up for the plan.
You can register for our services at any Maxis Centre or Maxis Exclusive Partner (MEP) outlets.
Yes. Your existing device contracts will be carried over to the new Maxis Unlimited Postpaid & Fibre plan. There would be no penalty charges for existing device contracts.
Yes. However, if you are under an existing phone contract, you can only buy devices from other non-mobile genres (Home Devices).
The Maxis 4G Backup is a complimentary backup service which will automatically turns on whenever your Home Fibre is interrupted.
If you have subscribed to Maxis Unlimited Postpaid and Fiber plan before 7 October 2020, the 4G backup service will be given to you during fiber installation.
If you sign up for Maxis Unlimited Postpaid and Fibre plan after 7 October 2020, you will receive Maxis 4G Backup SIM at the point of registration. The 4G Dongle will be delivered to you during fiber installation.
It is an optional value added service with Maxis Unlimited Postpaid and Fiber plan. To sign up, you can walk into your nearest Maxis Centre or call us.
The 4G Backup service comes with 12-month contract. Early termination of either Maxis Postpaid or Maxis Fibre or exit from Maxis Unlimited Postpaid and Fibre plan will trigger early termination fee of RM200.
The 4G Dongle will be delivered to you during fiber installation. Please get ready the Maxis 4G Backup SIM during fiber installation, our Maxperts will set up the Maxis 4G Backup service for you.
Maxis Unlimited Postpaid & Fibre comes with a 4G Backup that will automatically turn on whenever your Home Fibre is interrupted. Just connect your Maxis Equipment (Maxis Unlimited Postpaid 4G Backup SIM card and dongle) to the Residential Gateway Modem (RGW) to enable the backup feature.
Check the color on the 4G USB Dongle for the connection status.
Blue : Connected to 4G mobile network
Green : Connected to 2G/ 3G mobile network
Red : Not connected to mobile network
If you are unable to connect to mobile network, please check the following:
- Your Maxis equipment is connected to RWG.
- You are using Maxis equipment in fiber installation address.
For further assistance, please call us.
Maxis Unlimited Postpaid 4G Backup SIM card can only be used when connected to RWG. Service will be barred or terminated if there are usages from non-Maxis Equipment.
Just connect your Maxis Equipment to the RGW. The Maxis Unlimited Postpaid 4G Backup SIM card service will be resumed automatically.
Please walk into any Maxis Store to replace your SIM card.
To ensure your Maxis Fiber is always on, we have provided a 4G Backup SIM card for Maxis Unlimited Postpaid & Fibre customers.
It serves as backup feature for your Fibre service, the mobile internet usage of this SIM and modem are subjected to Maxis Fair Usage Policy and Service Specific Terms & Conditions of Maxis Unlimited Postpaid and Fibre.
Need to get in touch with us?
Contact Maxis Customer Service