Frequently Asked Questions
Maxis Network Exclusive Devices
Maxis Network Exclusive device means devices which are locked and can be used with Maxis SIM only. This feature allows Maxis to offer higher discounts on iPhones and / or lower the advance payment, thus making iPhone more accessible to more customers.
Note: With a network locked device, you can still use Maxis’ international roaming service when you travel internationally.
Maxis Network Exclusive iPhones which are purchased from Maxis from 15/01/2024 will only work with Maxis SIM for 12 months from date of purchase.
Your device will be unlocked as long as the following applies:
- Your device is 12 months from purchase.
- Your device is not flagged for fraud or reported as lost or stolen.
- You decide to pay and terminate your contract obligation with Maxis.
- Your account/s with us is current and all bills are fully settled.
- There is always an option to get out of the Network Lock. You have the option to pay the full Zerolution instalment or Normal Contract for the full term (either 24m or 36m) and then your iPhone will be unlocked within 1 to 2 business day(s). You may visit any Maxis Stores for assistance.
- The device cannot be activated with a non-Maxis physical SIM or eSIM. There will be an error that the SIM is not supported.
- You may also remove the non-Maxis SIM and check your phone settings.
- Open your phone Settings.
- Tap General and then About.
- Scroll to Carrier Lock. It will display as SIM locked.
If you are travelling internationally with your Maxis Network Exclusive device, you can subscribe to our affordable Maxis International Roaming services to stay connected.
To use another carrier's SIM card on your device, you must unlock your device. Do refer to FAQ above on how to unlock your Maxis Network Exclusive device.
No, suspending your device does not change when your Maxis Network Exclusive device will be eligible to be unlocked.
Note: Suspending your device because it was lost or stolen will prevent it from being unlocked.
Need to get in touch with us?
Contact Maxis Customer Service