Maxis, Faizal Tahir, Zee Avi and more collaborate on Malaysia’s first music video to convert social shares to donations
- All Malaysians invited to contribute by simply listening and sharing the music video, to benefit Yayasan Kebajikan Negara for COVID-19 related charities as part of Maxis’ #KitaSapotKita Campaign
- All Maxis users can also donate by subscribing to the new song ‘Make It Through’, as a caller ringtone with all proceeds going to the cause
- The public have the opportunity to also take part in a ‘Malaysians’ version’ by uploading their videos onto Instagram for Maxis to recreate a special video montage
As the nation marks the first month of the Movement Control Order (MCO), the impact it has brought upon many Malaysians, especially their livelihoods, has not gone unnoticed. In its second phase of #KitaSapotKita Campaign, Maxis has collaborated with 12 local artists, including Faizal Tahir and Zee Avi, to produce a brand new music video, ‘Make It Through’, providing an avenue for the public to actively support fellow Malaysians by turning social shares into donations for those in need.
“Our pledge campaign is fueled by music that speaks to all of us. ‘Make it Through’ is about overcoming adversity together as a nation and inspiring optimism for tomorrow – our hope at Maxis is to be able to rally Malaysians to action for a positive cause by simply sharing and listening to the song. We are grateful to the many parties who have been involved in the making of this campaign and video – all our talented artists, XENO Entertainment, Astro, and everyone who inspired us,” said Tai Kam Leong, Head of Brand & Marketing, Maxis.
Malaysians can support and pledge to this cause in three ways:
- Listen to ‘Make It Through’ official music video on YouTube. The more times it is it played, the higher the ad revenue generated.
- Stream ‘Make It Through’ official song on Spotify, Apple Music and Joox. The more times it is streamed, the higher the earnings.
- Purchase ‘Make It Through’ Maxis-exclusive Caller Ringtone through a monthly subscription.
All proceeds from revenue generated will go to Yayasan Kebajikan Negara for COVID-19 related charities.
Launching the music video and pledge campaign today together with Tai were Veerasimir Prashan Chitty, Managing Director of XENO Entertainment, Faizal Tahir, Zee Avi, Asad Motawh, Nabila Razali, Alyssa Dezek, Nanasheme, and Wafiy via a virtual media event.
The music video will be released on YouTube, Spotify, Apple Music and Joox. The more it gets played and purchased, the higher the contribution to help those impacted by the pandemic. Supported by official media partners, Astro TV and Astro Radio, Maxis will also be promoting the campaign across all Astro platforms. Additionally, they will be amplified by the artists’ as well as Maxis’ social media channels.
The public can also show their support by sharing and staying informed through the #KitaSapotKita campaign on the Stay Home, Stay Connected website.
It doesn’t end there! Malaysians can also take part in the ‘Make it Through – Malaysians’ version’ music video with these simple steps:
- Create a heart shape on a piece of paper. It can be a simple drawing, or you can be creative with your design and message.
- Record a video of yourself passing the ‘heart’ from your right all the way to your left as a gesture of passing hope and love around.
- Upload the video on your personal Instagram account with the hashtag #KitaSapotKita. Make sure that your Instagram account is set to public.
Maxis will select approximately 100 videos from these User Generated Content (UGC) submissions and turn them into a special music video montage. The submissions will be selected on a first come first serve basis, and closes on 1 May 2020.
To find out more about Maxis’ initiatives and incentives during the MCO, customers can visit www.maxis.com.my/kitasapotkita, www.hotlink.com.my or call 123 from their mobile or 1 800 82 1123 from their fixed line.
Maxis would like to encourage all members of the public to continue to stay safe, healthy and connected.