Come celebrate the festive season with Maxis Biggest Sale! For the month of December 2019 until 29 February 2020, Maxis and Hotlink customers can enjoy awesome promotions on smartphones, with even more deals to come. Literally Maxis’ biggest sale for the year, there is something for everyone!
Maxis Q2 Net Profit Up 9% to RM483 Million
Year-on-Year (YoY) – Q2 2016 vs Q2 2015:
- Service revenue dropped slightly to RM2,055 million against RM2,089 million in the same period last year
- Stable postpaid revenue at RM975 million against RM972 million, supported by over 1.3 million MaxisONE plan subscriptions
- Prepaid revenue 5.2% lower at RM959 million against RM1,012 million in Q2 last year. Towards end of Q2, prepaid acquisition momentum is improving with the introduction of Hotlink FAST
- Earnings Before Interest, Tax, Depreciation and Amortisation (EBITDA) declined marginally to RM1,050 million from RM1,101 million
- Profit After Tax (PAT) up 9.0% to RM483 million from RM443 million in the same period last year
- Declared a second interim dividend of five sen net per share
Year-on-Year (YoY) - H1 2016 vs H1 2015:
- Service revenue at RM4,177 million against RM4,211 million a year ago
- EBITDA improved 5.4% to RM2,263 million from RM2,148 million
- PAT up 17.3% to RM1,003 million from RM855 million
Steady Financials in Q2:
|Q2 2015 (RM'm)
||Q2 2016 (RM'm)
||Change (%)||H1 2015 (RM'm)
||H1 2016 (RM'm)
Intensified efforts in giving unmatched customer experience:
- Upgraded over a million customers overnight with up to 5x more data and introduced more ways to use the data
- Along with lots more data, introduced MaxisONE Share with new shareable DataPool that allows MaxisONE customers to share data with anyone and across all their other phones and tablets – locally and even overseas
- The Hotlink FAST prepaid plan now gives customers free 2GB of 4G Internet every weekend for life. That’s 8GB/month of non-stop weekend streaming, surfing and sharing
- The widest 4G LTE coverage in the country, covering 80% of the population and supported by more than 13,000 km fibre
- Surpassed 1 million MaxisONE Plan subscriptions in April, recording 1.3 million subscriptions in June
Comment by Morten Lundal, Chief Executive Officer, Maxis Berhad:
“This wasn’t our easiest quarter, where competition tried to improve subscriber market share by lowering prices. After some initial market turbulence, we saw at the closing of the quarter our results improve and we managed to keep our revenue and profit at similar levels compared to last year.
We witnessed a data explosion in the last three to five months. People are using data and video much more than before, and just in the last 3 months, average mobile internet usage has grown from 1.7GB to 2.5GB, which is tremendous. For Maxis, it has always been about enabling our customers to enjoy their digital experiences in a completely worry-free way. In April, we upgraded over a million customers with a lot more data. That was the largest auto-upgrade we’ve ever done at Maxis and largest ever in Malaysia. For our Internet hungry prepaid customers, we offered a very attractive proposition in Hotlink FAST that gives customers Free 2GB of 4G Internet every weekend for life.
But it’s not just about giving more data - what’s important is to have your large data allowance on a quality network. Maxis invested over RM1.3 billion last year, and we’re going to invest the same amount this year, which is substantially more than other industry players. We are particularly proud of our industry leading LTE network, which has reached 80% of the population, covering more than 220 cities and towns.
We are also progressing well in our ambition to be a fully digitalised Maxis where most of our interactions with our customers are digital, we move from products to solutions and we are fully digitalised in the way we operate as a company.”
To view Maxis’ Q2 2016 financial results video release, please click here: https://youtu.be/Jq07JDYxfC8
Upon approval from Malaysian Communication and Multimedia Commission (MCMC) to trial 200MHz of 3.5GHz C-band spectrum, Maxis successfully achieved 2.96Gbps for single user peak speeds, recording a new high at two of its trial sites in Subang Jaya recently. The new record further reinstates the position of Maxis being in the forefront of technology leadership for the nation’s 5G development.
Maxis and Allo Technology Sdn. Bhd. (Allo), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tenaga Nasional Berhad (TNB), will collaborate to provide greater access to fibre connectivity to more people and businesses in Cyberjaya and Bangsar South in the Klang Valley and Jasin in Malacca. Maxis and Allo today signed and exchanged an Access Agreement for the provision of High Speed Broadband (HSBB) Network Services