Frequently Asked Questions
The Maxis network has been recognized by MCMC and other independent third parties in many categories as one of the network providers in Malaysia that provides the best experiences to our consumers. Maxis has a long standing history of providing quality network service and is trusted by Malaysians since 1995.
5G stands for the fifth generation of mobile communication standards, superseding 4G technologies. What it offers:
- 10x higher speeds than what 4G can provide today, and up to gigabit speeds for applications such as fixed wireless access
- Fibre-like speed over mobile/ wireless connections
- Capability of supporting billions of connected devices at the same time
- Real-time sensitive online applications, e.g. remote surgery.
Maxis looks forward to bringing the best of 5G services to all our customers and will be launching 5G as part of our suite of offerings very soon, after the necessary approval processes.
We’ve put 5G-ready network infrastructure in place in the following ways:
- We have the widest fibre-optic footprint to mobile base stations in preparation for 5G rollout.
- Our Next-Gen IP Network ensures that our core and backhaul are ready to support 5G speeds, robustness and latency.
- We provide the first commercial NB-IOT service in Malaysia – a 5G-like technology that allows businesses today to tap into advanced data analytics for valuable insights that enable cost savings, improved efficiency and new business opportunities.
Need to get in touch with us?
Contact Maxis Customer Service