Frequently Asked Questions
Pay with Apple Pay
Apple Pay is a safe, contactless, easy way to pay no matter whether you are shopping in-store, online, and even in your favorite apps on your iPhone, Apple Watch, iPad*, and Mac*.
**iPad & Mac do not support contactless/wave transaction. Hence, you can only use iPhone & Apple Watch over the counter in Maxis Store.
Learn more at https://www.apple.com/apple-pay/
Apple Pay works with many of the major credit, debit, and prepaid cards from the top banks and card issuers. Click HERE for the list of participating banks and card issuers
Link to use: https://support.apple.com/en-my/HT206638
Apple Pay is accepted for over the counter at Maxis stores from 09 Aug 2022.
You may use Apple Pay on iPhone or Apple Watch for:
- Bill payment
- Hotlink top-up
- Purchase of device & accessories
- Payment related to service activations & deactivations
By adding your credit cards to Apple Pay, you don’t have to use physical card at the point of transaction, all your credit card limits and terms remain the same. In short, It works the same as physical credit card transaction except for Easy Payment Plan (EPP)**
**Refer question 5 on EPP explanation
In Maxis, we only accept a Credit / Debit card issued by local bank in Malaysia. Hence, you can only use your local bank card to make payment at Maxis Store.
- Pay with your iPhone
To use your default card:
- If your iPhone has Face ID, double-click the side button. If prompted, authenticate with Face ID or enter your passcode to open Apple Wallet
- If your iPhone has Touch ID, double-click the Home button.
To use a different card, tap your default card to see your other cards. Tap a new card and authenticate
- Hold the top of your iPhone near the contactless reader (Maxis payment merchant) until Done and a checkmark appear on the display**
- Pay with your Apple Watch
- Double-click the side button.
- Your default card opens automatically. Scroll down to choose another card
- Hold the display of your Apple Watch near the contactless reader until you feel a gentle tap and hear a beep**
**Note: if the transaction is more than RM250, you are required to enter your card 6-digit PIN number to proceed for payment
- Pay with your iPhone
At the moment contactless/ wave transaction does not support Easy Payment Plan (EPP). If you wish to pay on EPP, please make your payment with physical card.
Our staff will inform you whether it is a payment merchant issue or not. If not, you may need to check with the Credit / Debit Card issuer for further assistance.
Need to get in touch with us?
Contact Maxis Customer Service