Upon approval from Malaysian Communication and Multimedia Commission (MCMC) to trial 200MHz of 3.5GHz C-band spectrum, Maxis successfully achieved 2.96Gbps for single user peak speeds, recording a new high at two of its trial sites in Subang Jaya recently. The new record further reinstates the position of Maxis being in the forefront of technology leadership for the nation’s 5G development.
MaxisONE Share is now the first and only plan where Share Lines can purchase the latest smartphones
Now, there’s even more reason for families to celebrate – every MaxisONE Share Line on MaxisONE Plan can now purchase the latest smartphones on Zerolution – the first such family plan in Malaysia. Since MaxisONE Plan subscribers are eligible to get four Share Lines per account, this would mean that Maxis families can now purchase up to five smartphones under one account.
Until now, no plan in Malaysia offers Share Line customers the option to own a phone on every line. Previously only principal line customers were able to purchase devices under a plan. Maxis also recently enhanced its Share Lines to give customers more data – a total of 20GB per line, while Share Lines with a MaxisONE Home Fibre plan continue to get unlimited data.
“Maxis has always been a market leader with a commitment towards enabling better connectivity and accessibility for all families in Malaysia. We saw a growing dependency of smartphones in each family’s everyday life, which has not been made easy due to the increase in retail prices, as well as the limitation of family plans to have more than one device. We want every family to be able to stay connected with each other, which is why we are providing each and every line with access to the latest devices on Zerolution,” said Arjun Varma, Head of Product Marketing, Maxis.
Here’s what families can enjoy with through the newly enhanced MaxisONE Share:
- Lowest cost of plan and device – Families can purchase a wide range of the latest devices without having to worry about breaking the bank. Plus, there is a zero upfront fee for everyone in the family through Zerolution.
- Wide range of the latest devices – Maxis families also won’t have to compromise on their desired phones – be it flagship, mid-range, or entry level smartphones – there is something for everyone in the family! Choose from brands such as iPhone, Samsung, Huawei and many more.
- Refreshed DataPool of 10GB + 10GB – Share Lines now get a total of 20GB per line, with 10GB going into the DataPool, which can be shared across other lines in the account, while the other 10GB is exclusively for that share line customer alone. Even better, Share Lines with fibre have unlimited data.
- Family roam – Free unlimited data, calls and SMS to any ASEAN country, for all family lines, when one family member activates the MaxisONE World pass for RM38 a day.
- Unlimited calls and SMS – Families get unlimited calls and SMS to all networks for Share Lines too. To top it off, they can enjoy superfast Internet, anytime, anywhere, and stay connected with each other on the fastest 4G network in the country for only RM48 a month.
- Maxis Deals – Share Line customers also have access to great Buy1Free1 Deals from TeaLive, Auntie Anne’s, McDonald’s and many more on the MyMaxis App.
For more information or to sign up now, please visit www.maxis.com.my/share.
Maxis and Allo Technology Sdn. Bhd. (Allo), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tenaga Nasional Berhad (TNB), will collaborate to provide greater access to fibre connectivity to more people and businesses in Cyberjaya and Bangsar South in the Klang Valley and Jasin in Malacca. Maxis and Allo today signed and exchanged an Access Agreement for the provision of High Speed Broadband (HSBB) Network Services
Celcom Axiata Bhd (Celcom) and Maxis Berhad (Maxis) successfully conducted Southeast Asia’s first 5G Multi Operator Core Network (MOCN) trial, achieving peak speeds of more than 1.1Gbps in an outdoor environment at trial sites in Langkawi, Kedah.