In line with its ambition to be the leading ICT and solutions provider for Enterprise customers, Maxis is proud to announce its collaboration with Microsoft (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd (Microsoft) through a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU), committing to use their respective expertise, technology and capabilities to create innovative digital solutions for organisations in Malaysia. Concurrently, the collaboration makes Maxis the first telco in Malaysia to offer fixed line voice calls with Microsoft Teams unified communications, as part of Microsoft’s Modern Workplace solutions.
Maxis on track with 5G readiness with A.I. Network
Paving the way for the future of connectivity, Maxis has been building an advanced and intelligent network, dubbed the A.I. Network, which is ready to support 5G speeds, resilience and latency demands. Developed with Maxis’ in-house capabilities, the A.I. Network is built upon 5G-ready infrastructure with the widest fibre-optic footprint to mobile base stations across the country.
Built on Next-Gen IP network architecture and the latest software defined networking technology, Maxis’ A.I. Network self-optimises data traffic along the most efficient routes and even self-heals by anticipating and rerouting traffic around potential problem areas. This ensures a more seamless and lag-free Internet experience and Always On connectivity for mission-critical business applications.
“At this exciting juncture for Malaysia, where demands for digital services, content and connectivity is at unprecedented levels, we are once again staying ahead to ensure that we are ready for the future. A highly resilient, agile and ready-to-scale network is particularly important for our growing suite of enterprise solutions that address the mission-critical requirements of our customers. And with 5G and fibre expected to be at the heart of our evolving digital lifestyles, a highly intelligent network will work hard for us so that we can focus on providing the best possible customer experience. Our own-built A.I. Network is also a testament of our focus on building our capabilities and encouraging our talents to be a big part of this exciting journey,” said Morten Bangsgaard, Chief Technology Officer at Maxis.
Here are some examples of how the Maxis A.I. Network is already working smarter:
- Smart network traffic management: To stay ahead of customer demands for richer content, Maxis’ mobile and fibre network is now an integrated and growing Next-Gen IP network superhighway with traffic control systems that can anticipate potential usage spikes (i.e. whether it’s festive or football seasons) and open up more bandwidth in preparation for it.
- Support for NB-IoT: Following the successful launch of the first commercial NB-IoT service in Malaysia, the A.I. Network will provide strong support for Low Power Wide Area (LPWA) technology built with 5G-like capabilities and designed for mass-scale industrial deployments for enterprise and government.
- Faster first call resolution: To cater to the demands for a superior Internet experience, the A.I. Network is able to provide more accurate analysis in the event of a network outage for individual customers, leading to better first call resolution.
- Business continuity: The A.I. Network’s proactive notification system is able to alert Enterprise customers on performance updates within five minutes, making it possible to trigger earlier business contingency planning.
- Addressing mission-critical business requirements: The A.I. Network, through a network health dashboard app, helps Maxis service managers work on-the-go to troubleshoot issues and identify solutions for Enterprise customers.
- Preventive maintenance: In a fraction of the time it takes a human to do manually, Maxis’ Project SkyEye uses industry-grade high-performance drones to capture 360-degree HD imaging of our network towers. The footage is then relayed back to our server for high-speed diagnostic scanning by Maxis A.I. that has been trained for precise, efficient structural fault detection and prediction, and is capable of recommending the appropriate preventive maintenance measures.
To see how the cutting edge Maxis A.I. Network intuitively adapts itself for all kinds of situations, watch the video at https://youtu.be/t4CKyI2VT5Q
For more information on Maxis’ A.I. Network, visit www.maxis.com.my/AINetwork
Celcom Axiata Bhd (Celcom) and Maxis Berhad (Maxis) successfully conducted Southeast Asia’s first 5G Multi Operator Core Network (MOCN) trial, achieving peak speeds of more than 1.1Gbps in an outdoor environment at trial sites in Langkawi, Kedah.
Showcasing the potential of 5G in education, Maxis demonstrated its 5G use case, the virtual reality (VR) experience for Science learning in its eKelas programme to Yang Amat Berhormat Tun Dr. Mahathir bin Mohamad, the Prime Minister of Malaysia at Pusat Internet IOCC today. The VR learning experience by Maxis is the only 5G use case in the education vertical being piloted under the 5G Demonstration Projects in Langkawi.