Maxis would like to inform its Hotlink prepaid customers that it will be embarking on a system upgrading exercise in two phases, of which the first phase will commence on 22 April 2019.
Maxis’ Mother’s Day Ad Shows That There Are Some Things A.I. Can Never Replace
There’s been a lot of talk recently about Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) changing mankind’s not-too-distant future. This includes question about how machines, or even possibly robots, could take over roles that were once held by humans. By 2020, technology research firm Gartner estimates that 85% of customer interactions will be managed without a human , with some of the world’s leading A.I. scientists predicting machines will outsmart humans before 2030 . With all this buzz surrounding A.I., Maxis decided to release a Mother’s Day ad that focuses on this specific topic, by asking an interesting question – can A.I replace M.I. (a Mother’s Instinct)? To view the ad, click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsADQHZn4Sg
It started with an idea to do a simple loyalty promotion via MyMaxis App for Mother’s day - to enable all our customers to ‘treat their moms to a day out on us for free’. But with all this recent debate about robots and machines replacing humans, we thought we could also say something new and interesting about Intelligence (which a machine can emulate) versus Instinct (Moms know best). We’re happy with how the ad turned out and even happier that so many Malaysians like it too,” said Bernard Lee, Maxis’ Head of Marketing Communications.
Among the many offers customers can look forward to this Mother’s Day include specially selected free deals from various merchants, ranging from dining, pampering, shopping to entertainment. These include:
- Dorsett Group: Buy 2 Free 1 buffet @ Victoria’s Brasserie (Dorsett Grand Labuan), Terazza Brasserie/Emperor Restaurant (Dorsett Grand Subang)
- Eu Yan Sang: Buy 2 Free 1 YEN Bird's Nest Secret
- Flower Chimp: Free 2 packs of Ferrero Rocher for every bouquet ordered (with minimum purchase of RM130)
- Haagen-Dazs: Buy 1 Free 1 single scoop ice cream
- Hilton Group: Buy 2 Free 1 buffet @ Makan Kitchen (DoubleTree by Hilton KL), Paya Serai (Hilton PJ), Vasco (Hilton KL), Waterfront Café (Hilton Kuching), Urban Kitchen (Hilton KK)
- Kaodim: Free hatbox flowers with any thorough cleaning service
- Mandara Spa: Buy 1 Free 1 on any packages
- SK-II: Free facial treatment essence 75ml with purchase of 160ml
- Sothy’s: Buy 1 Free 1 for any facial treatment
- Sunway Lagoon: Buy 2 Free 1 adult admission ticket
- Traveloka: Free coupon worth RM100 off (with minimum transaction of RM300 for hotel bookings)
- Watsons: Free oriental bag with purchase of 2 NH Nutri Grains
and many more.
To find out more about Mothers Day deals, click HERE or download and redeem the deal via the MyMaxis app.
Following its immensely successful Fibrenation campaign in August last year, Maxis continues to elevate its fibre broadband experience with three new superfast Internet speeds – 300Mbps, 500Mbps and 800Mbps – available for both consumer and businesses from today, on top of the existing 30Mbps and 100Mbps plans.
Maxis Berhad (Maxis) delivered a steady performance for Q1 2019, bouncing back from the impact of one-off costs in Q4 associated with its growth strategy.