Service Specific Terms & Conditions ("SSTC") - Wireless Broadband Promotion Contract
Version [10 August 2017]
- The Promotion: Wireless Broadband Plan with 4G modem and/or MaxisONE Plan with FREE Share’n’Surf for 24 months.
- The Promotion, Plans and Service(s) is subject to the General Terms & Conditions (“GTC”), Service Specific Terms & Conditions (“SSTC”), Maxis Fair Usage Policy (www.maxis.com.my/FUP) and any other applicable terms and conditions, all at www.maxis.com.my/tnc/personal
- The use of the Plan(s) and Service(s) is subject to the General Terms & Conditions (“GTC”), Service Specific Terms & Conditions (“SSTC”), Maxis Fair Usage Policy and any other applicable terms and conditions, all at www.maxis.com.my/tnc/personal
- Capitalised terms herein have the same meaning as defined in the GTC
- Any conflict or inconsistency between this SSTC, the GTC and Summary Terms and Conditions (“STC”), shall be construed in the following order of precedence: (a) SSTC; (b) GTC; and (c) STC.
- We reserve the rights without liability, to revise this SSTC, Plan(s) and our pricing. Where reasonably practicable, we will give you reasonable advance notice of such changes and all previous versions of our user guides or leaflets will be superseded. You accept you are responsible for regularly reviewing information on the Plan(s) and Service(s) at www.maxis.com.my/tnc), including changes to the Agreement. Your continued use of the Service(s) and/or Plan(s) (after the Effective Date of any revision/change to the terms and conditions of Services and/or Plan(s)) shall constitute unconditional acceptance by you of such revisions/changes and you shall be bound by the same. If you do not accept such revisions/changes, you will terminate the Plan(s) and/or the use of the Services by giving us notice within 28 days from the Effective Date failing which you are assumed to have accepted the changes.
- The Promotion is open to selected customers only and is non-transferable. The MaxisONE Plan with FREE Share’n’Surf for 24 months offer is not available to you if you are an existing MaxisONE Plan customer.
- The Promotion period is from 24th August 2017 until 31st October 2017.
- Depending on the Wireless Broadband Plan(s) you subscribed to, you can take up either a 4G modem offer and/or a MaxisONE Plan with FREE Share’n’Surf for 24 months offer.
- You need to be an active Wireless Broadband customer to be eligible to sign up for the “Promotion”.
- In conjunction with your Wireless Broadband Plan under the Promotion, you are entitled to purchase a 4G modem at the offered device price with no contract or for customers of selected Plan(s), you can purchase the 4G modem at RM 1 on a 12 months’ device contract. For clarity, this offer to purchase the 4G modem also applies to you if you sign up for the MaxisONE Plan with FREE Share’n’Surf for 24 months offer under the Promotion.
- Details on the Share’n’Surf are set out below:
- It is a line for sharing data where the data is shared from the MaxisONE plan principal line.
- Any charges incurred on this line such as voice, sms and roaming usages and additional services as subscribed by you shall be charged in addition to the MaxisONE plan’s applicable charges.
- The Share’n’Surf is available to you for free for 24 months unless you terminate the MaxisONE plan principal line.
Things we may do to the Service(s)
- We reserve the rights at any time, without being liable to you or any third party, to interrupt, bar, suspend, restrict the Promotion, Service(s) and/or Plan(s) for such period of time as we deem fit or terminate, discontinue or disconnect the Promotion, Service(s) and/or Plan(s) if your usage:
- Shows excessive usage or placing unusual burdens on our Network;
- Is for unlawful activities or for suspected fraudulent activities;
- Is not in accordance with Maxis Fair Usage Policy (at www.maxis.com.my/FUP); or
- Is for commercial/non-personal purposes.
Minimum Period of Service(s) and Early Termination
- If you choose to purchase the 4G modem under the Promotion at RM 1 on a 12 months’ device contract, the 12 months’ period commences from the date of acceptance of these terms and conditions (“Date of Execution”). With such acceptance, all previous device contract(s) for modem(s) you had contracted for with Maxis, shall be deemed terminated as at the Date of Execution and you shall be subject to any early termination charges of such previous contract, if applicable.
- You shall NOT during the Minimum Period of Service:
- terminate your Maxis account;
- suspend your Maxis account;
- have your Maxis account terminated for non-payment of monthly bills;
- change the rateplan you had registered for pursuant to the Promotion. However, any upgrade of a rate plan by you is allowed;
- change or transfer ownership of this Promotion and Service(s).
- If any of the events in Clause 15 above occurs, you shall pay us an early termination charge as set out in clause 17 below. Payment of the early termination charge is payable by you in addition to all monies owing to us up to the time of early termination.
- For the 12 months contract, you agree that Maxis has the right to impose an early termination charge you are responsible to pay if you terminate your 12-months contract before its expiry. The early termination charge is
- a fixed fee charge for the 4G modem contracted on a Wireless Broadband plan, or
- is calculated based on [(Recommended Retail Price (RRP) – Upfront Cost) x (Remaining month(s) ÷ 12 months)] + RM 100 administration fee for the 4G modem contracted on a MaxisONE Plan
- You acknowledge and agree we have the rights to block the IMEI of the Device if you are:
- suspected of fraud or found to have committed fraud; or
- after signing up to the offer(s) under the Promotion, you fail to make payment for a continuous period of three (3) months.
- We will not be responsible for replacing your Device or any part thereof that is lost, stolen, damaged or defective. You shall be responsible for the repair and maintenance of your Device. Should a defect or fault fall within the ambit of manufacturer’s warranty, repairs shall be subject to the applicable warranty issued by the Device manufacturer. You accept and acknowledge that the Devices are subject to the Device manufacturer’s standard warranty and we shall not be responsible and/or liable for any Devices and/or for any loss and/or damage whatsoever suffered by you and/or any other party.