Setting Up Mesh WiFi
How should I set up the mesh WiFi?
- First, you need to download the AirTies WiFi app from the Google playstore or Apple app store. You will need to pair up the mesh units, by using the WPS button on the device.
- Press on the WPS button for 2 seconds on the AIRTIES units and the Wi-Fi LED lights will start to blink.
- Wait till the LED lights stable which may take up to 10 minutes and the AIRTIES units are paired.
- Make sure that the unit is able to make a reliable connection by following the set up instruction and observing the indicators on the device.
For complete installation guide, download here.
If I use other routers which are not provided by the Telco, will the mesh WiFi work?
Yes, it is compatible with all types of router.
Where should I place my mesh WiFi device(s)?
Always keep the mesh WiFi in open area and above the ground away from any obstacles (thick walls, metal appliances or other large electronics) to ensure WiFi signal is optimum.
Can I use a LAN network cable to connect the mesh WiFi to a Gigabit network port on a PC?
Yes, but only LAN network cable CAT5E and higher rated to achieve the maximum performance. It is advisable to use the cable supplied in the box.
Can I use the Ethernet port and Wi-Fi connections at the same time?
Yes, you can connect to both network connections simultaneously for your client devices.
Do I need to switch off the Wi-Fi in my own router?
It is not necessary to switch off the Wi-Fi in your router. But it’s recommended you do a ‘Forget This Network’ on your client devices (such as phones, laptops etc.) so that your devices will not keep connecting to the Wi-Fi from your router
What are the key features available on the AirTies WiFi App?
View your WiFi network and its health status on a simplified map with the devices connected to it;
The AirTies WiFi app allows you to easily setup and manage your AirTies Mesh units. Its key features include:
- View your WiFi network and its health status on a simplified map with the devices connected to it.
- Track your child’s online usage by easily limiting internet usage with the Parental Control feature.
- Set up guest network access without having to share any personal security settings, and many more.
Log on to live chat for instant assistance.
We're only a phone call away.
Send us a tweet and we'll get back to you.
Find a store
Walk into a Maxis Store near you for help.