Terms & Conditions
Service Specific Terms & Conditions (“SSTC”) – MaxisONE CLUB
Version [26 April 2020]
- Membership of MaxisONE CLUB is free and by invitation only. Only individuals may be MaxisONE CLUB members.
- The MaxisONE CLUB membership has two membership tiers. The privileges provided will be based on the membership tier offered to any one Member. The tiers are:
- Elite: The enrollment criteria are minimum billed amount of RM500 per month for 3 consecutive months; minimum tenure as Maxis mobile GSM subscriber* of 3 months and with good credit history.
- Select: The enrollment criteria are minimum billed amount of RM150 per month for 3 consecutive months; minimum tenure as Maxis mobile GSM subscriber* of 3 months and with good credit history. Instant enrollment for customers who sign up or upgrade to a Maxis Postpaid 128 and above.
- The criteria for renewal of MaxisONE Club status are:
- Elite: Minimum billed amount of RM500 per month for 6 consecutive months; minimum tenure as Maxis mobile GSM subscriber* of 6 months and with good credit history.
- Select: Minimum billed amount of RM150 per month for 6 consecutive months; minimum tenure as Maxis mobile GSM subscriber* of 6 months and with good credit history. Customers on Maxis Postpaid 128 and above with good credit history.
- Maxis reserves the rights at any time review this SSTC and the membership tier. Criteria used in the review include, without limitation, the member’s Maxis Mobile GSM Service bill and payment records. The membership tier criteria are not exhaustive.
- Selection of members will be at Maxis’ sole discretion. Maxis reserves the right to review, change the membership tier (including the privileges attached to the membership) and terminate a member’s membership of MaxisONE CLUB without notice and for any reason.
- The MaxisONE CLUB membership is renewable after six (6) months and continuation of the membership (including the privileges attached to the membership) is subject to the member having fully met the renewal criteria set by Maxis at its own discretion.
- Maxis reserves the right to mail catalogues or other promotional literature to a Member at its own discretion.
- Abuse of the membership may result in the cancellation of the Members MaxisONE CLUB membership.
- Membership privileges cease automatically upon leaving, deactivating or terminating the Maxis services.
*Maxis mobile GSM subscriber refers to customers who register for Maxis’ postpaid mobile services/lines.
- The membership is subject to this SSTC, is non-transferable and entitles the Member to the benefits and privileges afforded by the MaxisONE CLUB.
- The business partners may at their own discretion not grant any discounts on sales or promotional items.
- All services and goods (services and goods respectively) made available to Members are provided on an as is and as available basis. Maxis makes no express or implied representations or warranties in relation to the services and goods including but not limited to the satisfactory, fitness for purpose, merchantability, safety, legality, title and non-infringement of the services and goods. To the full extent permitted by law, Maxis disclaims any and all such warranties.
- In no event shall Maxis, its affiliated or related corporations, their respective agents, representatives or business partners be liable to any Member or third party authorised by or claiming through a Member whether in contract or tort for any loss or damage, direct or indirect, special or consequential or of any nature suffered by any Member or any other party resulting from the use or inability to use any of the privileges attached to a MaxisONE CLUB membership, including without limitation:
- any injury or death
- any failure by the participating business partner to meet the terms & conditions on which it has been agreed to provide a privilege/discount/service/goods
- the suspension or termination of the MaxisONE CLUB or the MaxisONE CLUB membership
- Maxis reserves the right to change these SSTC at any time by mailing these changes to the Members or posting the changes on Maxis website without prior notice. The Members continued use of membership privileges following the communication of any changes aforesaid constitutes acceptance of those changes.
- Maxis reserves the right, without prior consent of the Member to assign Maxis rights and/or liabilities under these Terms & Conditions to any Affiliate of Maxis, or any person or entity which acquires substantially all of the business and assets of the division of Maxis. For the avoidance of doubt, Affiliate is defined as any person or entity controlling, controlled by, or under common control with either the Member or Maxis, as applicable. Control is defined as the possession, directly or indirectly, of the power to direct or cause the direction of management policies of an entity or the majority ownership if the voting securities of such an entity.
- It is the responsibility of the Member to keep their membership billing address with Maxis up-to-date.
- Maxis reserves the right to use information about members from the database for planning and development of MaxisONE CLUB promotional programmes.
- The benefits and privileges for the Members may at the absolute discretion of Maxis be amended, suspended or terminated with or without prior notice.
- Maxis reserves the right to add, delete or amend these SSTC at any time and without prior notice.