Maxis CNY 2021 Campaign - Service Specific Terms & Conditions (“SSTC”)
Click here to visit the “Healthy to Huat” campaign page
[Version: 27 January 2021]
|CAMPAIGN / REWARD PROGRAM TITLE||Maxis CNY 2021 Campaign #MaxisHealthyToHuat
|CAMPAIGN START DATE & TIME||27 January 2021 at 18:00|
|CAMPAIGN END DATE & TIME||16 February 2021 at 23:59|
|WHO CAN PARTICIPATE (ELIGIBILITY)||
This Campaign is open to the following:
1. All Malaysian citizens residing in Malaysia who are 18 and above only.
|WHO CANNOT PARTICIPATE||
1. Children of permanent or contract employees of Maxis (including its associated or related companies) and their immediate family members
2. Children of representatives, employees and/or agents of the content, advertising, promotion services providers for this Campaign and their immediate family members
|HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN CAMPAIGN||
Watch the five lion dance videos on https://www.maxis.com.my/healthytohuat/ for inspiration and go to Maxis Facebook account https://www.facebook.com/maxis to submit your videos for the Healthy to Huat Challenge
Complete the CNY activation challenge as follows:
a. There are 5 different Healthy to Huat moves. You can select whichever you want to do, or you can even choose to do all 5.
b. Every move must be recorded as separate video entries.
c. Do the move/s with either a family member or friend.
Step 2: Be creative by adding music and/or filters of your choice to your video. Make sure any music/filter used are not in breach of any copyright laws.
Step 3: On the Healthy to Huat Maxis facebook post, upload your video/s in the comments section under the correct move category. You must hashtag #MaxisHealthyToHuat in your comment.
We’re looking for fun and creativity in your video submission, and not at how professionally videos are edited. You can submit any length of video, up to a maximum of 60 secs and it must be done with at least 1 family or friend.
1. Video submissions should not exceed 60 secs, must be done with at least 1 family or friend and have the hashtag #MaxisHealthyToHuat.
2. Submissions by professional / commercial video production organizations will not be shortlisted for winning.
3. All entries must be your original works and no part or component thereof is copied from any other work or material, and you warrant that your entries do not infringe any intellectual property rights of another party including but not limited to copyright, trademarks or service marks, or breach any rights of privacy, publicity or other rights of any person or entity which may bring Maxis and/or its related and affiliated corporations into disrepute.
4. Submission of videos can be either in English, Chinese or Bahasa Malaysia.
5. Submissions of videos must not have any information or content that is false, fraudulent, deceptive, misleading, defamatory, libellous, slanderous, disparaging, threatening, profane, obscene, pornographic, hateful, indecent, inappropriate or injurious to any individual or third parties.
6. Submission of videos must be tied to the movements showcased by Maxis and within the CNY theme. Anything else outside of the stipulated submission theme will not be considered by Maxis.
7. All submissions must adhere to the period for submission stipulated for the Campaign. Any submission thereafter would not be considered by Maxis.
8. Any enhancements to the videos by way of music or filters must be royalty free and must not infringe on any copyright regulations or any intellectual property rights of a third party.
9. If you are shortlisted as a winner, you MUST provide your full name, National Registration Identity Card number, valid contact number, email address, and mailing address for delivery (incomplete details will not be considered) for Maxis and/or its agencies to contact you.
10. Shortlisted winners will have to submit their complete details no later than 1 March 2021 at 23:59. Should a shortlisted winner fail to submit complete details by the stipulated time, Maxis reserves the right to forfeit the prize and choose the next winner.
Maxis will appoint a judging panel at its sole and absolute discretion.
The Grand Prize to be won is a Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G.
The participants must submit their videos on Maxis Facebook page and fulfil all required criteria to be eligible for the Grand Prize. 15 winners will be selected for the Grand Prize.
The selection of winners is at the full discretion of the Campaign
organiser and its judges. All decisions made are final.
|WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT AND CONTACT||
On 26 February 2021, Maxis Facebook admin will comment directly on the Facebook entry that is shortlisted as a winner with instructions on next steps.
From there on, the shortlisted winner has 3 days (up to 1 March 2021 at 23:59) to submit the form to Maxis with his/her full name, IC Number, mobile phone number, email address and mailing address for delivery. Failure to respond by 1 March 2021 at 23:39 will result in the prize being forfeited, and Maxis choosing the next eligible winner.
Once we have received your details, we will send you a confirmation notice to the email address provided by you and you will be required to verify that you are the true account holder of the winning post. Only the true and verified account holder will be confirmed as the winner. The prize will also be detailed in the email.
The shortlisted winners list will also be posted on Maxis’ website at maxis.com.my/healthytohuat on 26 February 2021.
- By participating in this Campaign, you agree (a) to be bound by these Terms & Conditions contained herein; and (b) that you meet the eligibility criteria for participation stated herein. In addition to these Terms & Conditions, the terms and conditions applicable for the use of the content and/or service, including terms and conditions for the use of the relevant content and/or service as set out by Maxis CNY Campaign shall apply. Failure to comply with any applicable terms, conditions, rules, regulations, instructions, or methods shall result in you being disqualified from the Campaign at our sole and absolute discretion.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION/ PERSONAL DATA
The personal information/personal data collected may be used in future by Maxis to provide you with further information about similar campaigns and information in relation thereto, which you may opt out of by informing Maxis of your decision to do so. Your personal information/personal data is subject to the safeguards concerning privacy and security of data as set out in the Maxis CNY Campaign Privacy Statement and the Personal Data Protection Act 2010.
You shall ensure that all personal information/personal data provided to Maxis are accurate and correct at the point of submission and that Maxis is kept informed and updated of any change in your personal information/personal data.
- The Campaign shall in all respects be governed by the laws of Malaysia. However, it shall be your sole responsibility and obligation to ensure that you comply with and do not contravene with any laws to which you may be personally subject to.
- Maxis' decision on the winners of the prizes shall be final and conclusive and no correspondence, complaint or appeal shall be entertained by Maxis at any time during or after the Campaign period.
- Maxis reserve the right to:
- replace or substitute the types and value of prizes as we deem fit, in whole or in part, if Maxis is not able to award the prizes as described for any reason; and
- revoke and seek the return of any award of the prizes if we find that you have breached any rules or the Terms & Conditions stated herein. The method of return shall be determined by Maxis at its sole discretion, and cost incurred to return the prize to Maxis will be borne by the participant.
- The shortlisted winner who submits his/her complete information to Maxis by the stipulated deadline will be contacted for instructions to collect the prize. You are advised to keep your mobile phone switched on, check your email address, and keep both your mobile and email account active until you have received your prize. Maxis shall not be responsible nor liable if you cannot be contacted for any reason whatsoever following efforts by Maxis to contact you via the phone or email following three (3) attempts within two working days. If Maxis is unable to reach you after the stipulated attempt above, or, if you are unable to make it on the dates of the collection/experiences, Maxis reserves the right to disqualify you and to select the next eligible winner in line who fulfil the winning criteria to win the prize.
- You are not entitled to demand or request for specific prizes conditions/ requirements such as change of prizes etc.
- The prize set out above shall be used and/or taken entirely at your own risk at all times and Maxis excludes all warranties and liabilities in connection with the prize to the fullest extent permitted by law. The prize is non-transferable, non-assignable and non- exchangeable for cash or any other item.
- The winners shall be responsible for any additional costs, duties, taxes and/or other incidental expenses which may be incurred as a result of and/or related to the winner's acceptance or use of the prize.
- Maxis may, at its sole discretion, opt to courier the prize to the winner. If that is exercised by Maxis, the prize will be sent to the address provided by the winner. Prizes will be sent with basic courier services with tracking information. In the event the parcel does not reach you for any reason, Maxis does not hold any responsibility for the prize not reaching you.
- By (i) participating and submitting your videos for the Campaign; and/or (ii) accepting the prize as a winner of the Campaign, you expressly grant permission to Maxis and its agencies to use your name, photograph and/or likeness, video, recording, testimonial or other media item and to post information about the Campaign and your submissions (“Materials”), in whole or in part and in any manner as Maxis may see fit, for purposes of advertising, editorial, promotional, marketing, trade and/or other purposes at Maxis’ website, social media account, digital platforms and any other media outlets without further compensation and notice. You (being the participants and/or the winners) release Maxis, its directors, officers, employees, representatives, and agents from all claims and demands arising out of or in connection with any use of the Materials including but not limited to claims for invasion of privacy, defamation and any other personal or proprietary rights. Any person who does not want to have their photo taken or distributed or information disseminated or Materials used must inform Maxis in writing of his/her intentions via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Acceptance of the prize by the winners constitute a release and discharge of Maxis and Maxis group of companies, by or from any and all liability, claims demands, actions and/or damages which the winners may have, whether known or unknown at the present time, of any nature whatsoever, arising out of or relating to :-
- the Campaign;
- personal injury and/or property damage, theft or loss suffered by the winner as a result of the use, employment and/or acceptance of the prize; or
- any tax liabilities in relation to the Campaign, prize and/or use or enjoyment of the same.
- Maxis reserves the right-
- to change, amend, revise, supplement, delete, vary or add to these Terms & Conditions without prior notice at any time and you shall be bound to such changes, amendments, revisions, supplements, deletions, variations or additions;
- at any time, change any aspect of the Campaign (including the prizes and discontinuing the Campaign) without prior notice; and
- at its sole discretion to cancel, suspend, modify or delay the Campaign in the event of unforeseen circumstances beyond its reasonable control. By continued participation in this Campaign, you will be deemed to have accepted any changes, amendments, revisions, supplements, deletions, variations or additions, which may be published in maxis.com.my/healthytohuat or http://www.maxis.com.my
- This Campaign and the prize are provided on an "AS IS" basis without any representations or warranties of any kind whether express or implied. Maxis, and its group of companies disclaim and exclude all warranties relating to or in connection with the Campaign and the prize including warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purposes, security, and accuracy.
- In no event shall Maxis, its related and affiliated corporations, sponsors, agencies and representatives be liable to you or to anyone else for any loss or injury or any direct, indirect, special, exemplary, consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever, whether in contract, negligence or in tort, arising out of or in connection to the Campaign and the prize including (without limitation) any cancellation or postponement of the Campaign.
- Maxis shall not be liable to you or for any other party for any loss or damage of whatsoever nature suffered by you or such other party as a result of participation or non-participation in the Campaign or as a result of any act or omission on the part of Maxis.
- Maxis is not responsible for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction, unauthorized access to, or alteration of, user or member communications, or any problems or technical malfunction of our telecommunications network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet.
- Maxis reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any participant that is found or suspected of tampering with the Campaign submission process, the operation of this Campaign, or to be in violation of the Terms & Conditions. Maxis reserves the right to disqualify any participant and/or to forfeit any prize from a participant it believes has undertaken fraudulent practice and/or activities or other activities harmful to this Campaign or the Campaign submission process. Fraudulent activities are deemed to include but not be limited to:
- any act of deceit and/or deception and/or cheating;
- submission of entries and/or responses by any person other than the natural person who is eligible to participate in the Campaign; or
- submission of entries and/or responses wholly or partially by way of and/or generated by way of any electrical device, computer, pre-programmed modem or by any other method or device which contravenes the submission of entries and/or responses as stipulated in part (b) herein above.
- Notwithstanding the above, Maxis reserves the right to disqualify any participant at its sole and absolute discretion without assigning any reason whatsoever.
- You agree that your ideas, information, submissions which you disclose during the Campaign are not confidential and Maxis is absolved from any implied confidentiality obligations.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold Maxis, its directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents and sponsors harmless from and against any and all claims, actions, suits or proceedings, as well as any and all losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including legal fees) arising out of or accruing from:
- a. any submission or material posted, uploaded or otherwise provided by you that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent or other intellectual property right of any party; or defames any person or violates their rights of publicity or privacy; and
- any non-compliance and breach by you of these Terms & Conditions of the Campaign; and
- any breach of applicable laws.
- Any provisions herein where the context requires it to survive, shall survive after the Campaign.
- No indulgence, failure or delay on the part of Maxis to exercise any right, power or enforce any terms or conditions herein shall operate as a waiver or acquiescence thereof, nor shall any single or partial exercise by Maxis of any right, power, or remedy preclude the exercise of any further or other right, power, or remedy.