There was a lot of enthusiasm and excitement from aspiring entrepreneurs from Kg. Chengal in Ketereh, Kelantan, when they were recently given a boost to improve their business with digital knowledge.
Solid Progress For Maxis, Q3 Net Profit Up 22% QOQ To RM514 Million
- Service revenue grew 2.8% to RM2,113 million from Q2
- EBITDA grew 13.2% to RM1,139 million from Q2
- Clear leadership in 4G LTE network coverage
- Declared third interim dividend of 5 sen net per share
Quarter-on-Quarter (QoQ) – Q3 2016 vs Q2 2016:
- Service revenue grew 2.8% to RM2,113 million driven by strong prepaid performance
- Prepaid revenue grew 6.6% to RM1,022 million
- Postpaid added 18k new customers, revenue stable with a slight decline at RM960 million against RM975 million
- Earnings Before Interest, Tax, Depreciation and Amortisation (EBITDA) grew 13.2% to RM1,139 million
- Profit After Tax (PAT) up 22.1% to RM514 million
Year-on-Year (YoY) – Q3 2016 vs Q3 2015:
- Service revenue at RM2,113 million, 1.9% lower than Q3 2015
- EBITDA improved 2.5% to RM1,139 million
- PAT improved 0.8% to RM514 million
A solid Q3:
|Q3 2016 (RM’m)||Q2 2016 (RM’m)
||Q3 2016 (RM’m)
||Q3 2015 (RM’m)
Progress driven by intensified efforts in giving unmatched customer experience:
- The widest 4G LTE coverage in the country, covering 88% of the population and supported by more than 13,000 km fibre
- Strong demand for speeds saw subscription for home fibre customers beyond entry level doubling from last year
- Our Customer Service touch points have achieved greater results in managing immediate resolution, achieving a high 90% at first contact resolution and all time high customer satisfaction
- 60% of all our customer interactions are now on digital and self-care platforms
- Expanded family offers with MaxisONE Kid (watch with safety features) and Pocket WiFi
Comment by Morten Lundal, Chief Executive Officer, Maxis:
“We had a solid operational and financial progress this quarter. It’s again amazing to see how data consumption is exploding. Clearly, Malaysians love data. From an average of 2.5GB of data consumed per month last quarter, our customers are now using 3.1GB per month on average, especially driven by video usage.
We had a great response from our massive auto-upgrade of data for MaxisONE plan (MOP) customers and shareable DataPool introduced last quarter. In the last 12 months alone, we added over 800k MOP customers, with a base now approaching 1.5 million. For prepaid, Hotlink FAST is gaining traction and attracting high ARPU customers. More than 1 million customers are already on this data-rich plan, nearly double the number from a quarter ago.
Quality is becoming critical for so many Malaysians and great customer experience matters, which is why we are building further our 4G leadership, investing more than anyone else in the network.
We are making good progress towards our ambition to be a fully digitalised Maxis to deliver the best digital experience to our customers.”
To view Maxis’ Q3 2016 financial results video release, please click here: https://youtu.be/uamViRpG0Ck
The Takbir is an important part of Raya celebrations for Muslims around the world.
The strides Maxis has made in its eKelas programme are changing the way teachers perform their roles, and the online learning platform we built saw a need for them to acquire new skills and capabilities, digitally. What matters ultimately is the student – how they can fully benefit from digital learning in the era of the Internet. But what does it take for teachers to deliver this?