Version [4 Oct 2016]
- The Plan(s): comprises of the Pocket WiFi and Pocket WiFi Pro plans (Pocket WiFi Services). It applies to local data usage. The following services are included: local and international Voice/SMS services and IDD call usage charges, SMS usage charges and additional services as subscribed by you shall be charged in addition to the Plan’s applicable charges.
- You: Person(s) signing up for the Plan(s).
- The Plan(s) and use of the Pocket WiFi Service(s) is subject to the General Terms & Conditions (“GTC”), Service Specific Terms & Conditions (“SSTC”), Maxis Fair Usage Policy and any other applicable terms and conditions, all at www.maxis.com.my/FUP and www.maxis.com.my/tnc/personal
- Capitalised terms herein have the same meaning as defined in the GTC.
- Any conflict or inconsistency between this SSTC, the GTC and Summary Terms and Conditions (“STC”), shall be construed in the following order of precedence: (a) SSTC; (b) GTC; and (c) STC.
- We reserve the rights without liability, to revise this SSTC, Plan(s) and our pricing. Where reasonably practicable, we will give you reasonable advance notice of such changes and all previous versions of our user guides or leaflets will be superseded. You accept you are responsible for regularly reviewing information on the Plan(s), Service(s) at www.maxis.com.my/tnc/personal), including changes to the Agreement. Your continued use of the Service(s) and/or Plan(s) (after the Effective Date of any revision/change to the terms and conditions of Agreement, Services and/or Plan(s)) shall constitute unconditional acceptance by you of such revisions/changes and you shall be bound by the same. If you do not accept such revisions/changes, you will terminate the Plan(s) and/or the use of the Services by giving us notice within 28 days from the Effective Date failing which you are assumed to have accepted the changes.
Availability of Service
- The Pocket WiFi Service is available in certain coverage areas. Before signing up, please call 123 (through your mobile device) or 1800 82 1123 or check at www.maxis.com.my/en/personal/internet/wireless-broadband to determine if you are within the coverage area.
- You are ineligible for the Plan(s) & Pocket WiFi Service if you have any outstanding payments with us.
- This Plan & Pocket WiFi Service is inapplicable to you if you are a commercial user and/or bulk subscriber.
- The Plan(s) is available with a modem or SIM only plan.
- The applicable Charges and rate table guide for the Plan(s) is as set out on our official website at www.maxis.com.my/en/personal/internet/wireless-broadband.html. Charges displayed do not include all applicable taxes and GST.
- A deposit of RM500 is chargeable for Non-Malaysian subscribing to the Plan & Pocket WiFi Service
Minimum Period and Duration of Service
- The Pocket WiFi Service under this Service Specific Terms & Conditions will be Activated within twenty four (24) hours from registration,
- The Plan(s) and PocketW WiFi Service with modem is for a minimum period of 12 months from the date of Activation and continues until terminated in accordance with this SSTC.
- For the 12 months contract, you agree that Maxis has the right to impose an early termination charge you are responsible to pay if you terminate your 12-months contract before its expiry. The early termination charge is calculated based on [(Recommended Retail Price (RRP) – Upfront Cost) x (Remaining month(s) ÷ 12 months)] + RM 100 administration fee.
- The Plan(s) & Pocket WiFi Service speed is on a best efforts basis. The typical average speeds are:
- (a) for the 75Mbps 4G LTE modem, between 10 to 30Mbps;
- (b) for the 42Mbps modems, between 2 to 10Mbps;
- (c) for the 21Mbps MiFi and PortaFi modems, between 1 to 5Mbps;
- (d) for the 7.2Mbps USB modems, between 500kbps to 2Mbps.
- Total Internet quota for each Plan(s) is specified during point of sales as contained in the sales material and the rate table on our website at www.maxis.com.my/en/personal/internet/wireless-broadband.html. Once your allocated internet quota finishes, the speed will be managed to a lower speed until your next billing cycle. To continue enjoying the Pocket WiFi Service at regular speeds, you may purchase one-time passes (non-recurring) BEFORE you exceed your Pocket WiFi package data allocation. Such upgrade is available through your UMB, MyMaxis App or Maxis Online Account and accessible through your Mobile Phone, other available Devices or channels as we may inform you from time to time.
- To ensure all our users enjoy quality browsing experience, we will not assure constant connectivity if you use peer-to-peer or file sharing programs.
- The modem provided under these terms and conditions are on a “while stocks last” basis, subject to the supplier’s terms and conditions and comes with a 1 year warranty. We reserve the rights to change the modem model from time to time.
- The warranty does not cover: (a) the SIM and modem holder; (b) damage, loss or defects caused by any act, omission, misuse, negligence including usage of the modem contrary to instructions provided by Maxis or the manufacturer (as set out in the modem’s user guide); and/or (c) other acts beyond our reasonable control.
- Please visit your nearest Maxis Centre should you have any issues with the modem.
- If you discontinue the Service(s) before the 12 months period ends, you do not need to return the modem, however the early termination charge as stated in clause 15 will be imposed.
Additional Features & Requirements
- You must register your CBR (Can Be Reached) mobile number via My Online Account.
- The SIM card allocated to you for the Pocket WiFi Service can be used with the modem provided or other mobile devices.
- Your bills are available in electronic format if you sign up for E-Billing service via Maxis Online Account and a copy is sent to your nominated email address.
- The Plans come with call and sms services where the pay-per- use (PPU) policy applies.
- Data Roaming Service is available for Pocket WiFi Service. RM10/day will be charged if you opt in for the Data Roaming Service while roaming in these eight (8) countries Singapore (Singtel), Indonesia (Telkomsel), Thailand (AIS/ Truemove), Myanmar (Ooredoo), Brunei (DST), Philippines (Globe PH), Cambodia (Smart) and Laos (Loa GSM/Tigo). Your local data quota will be utilized according to the Pocket WiFi plan you have signed up for. Calls and SMS will be on a pay per use (PPU) basis for these eight (8) countries.
- Whilst roaming overseas other than the eight (8) countries mentioned, the prevailing data roaming charges at https://www.maxis.com.my/en/personal/services/addons/idd-and-roaming/international-roaming.html apply.
Termination & Suspension
- To discontinue the Porcket WiFi Service, you can walk in to any Maxis Centre or call us on 1800 82 1123.
- For any planned interruption of Service(s), adequate notice will be provided via notice on our official website at www.maxis.com.my/en/personal/internet/wireless-broadband.html and/or any other mode of communication as we may deem appropriate.